Drugstore Vs Designer

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Nero-Bianco • Jun 7, 2016.

1. Nero-Bianco

Nero-BiancoMember

Threads:
    Hi, I was wondering what drugstore alternatives people might suggest for some well known brands out there. I'm particularly interested in a drugstore equivalent for the Yves Saint Laurent highlighter, Touche Eclat. I had it once a few years ago and it was amazing, but as a student I can't really afford to splash out on it anymore.

I've found lots of drugstore highlighters to be a bit flakey and cakey, so any recommendations would be much appreciated! :cool:

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I must say I am really bad when it comes to drugstore makeup. Make up is one of those things that I like to splurge at, because I am very allergic with my skin so I usually use that as an excuse for allowing myself to get really expensive make up! But I really do like Revlon concealers, I think they have good coverage. There's a concealer from them, Colorstay, that you have to twist and that Is pretty decent coverage and gives you a nice wake up look. Not sure if it would be considered a dupe for the Touch Eclat, but it's a good product .

3. Nero-Bianco

Nero-BiancoMember

Threads:
    Thanks for your input. At least if you have sensitive skin you have a good excuse to splurge haha. I will look out of Colorstay next time I'm shopping.

4. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I love any cosmetics by Maybelline. Although I've never tried their highlighters (or any highlighters, to be honest), I do really enjoy their eye products, like their mascara, and their lip products (try their liquid matte lipsticks!). For face products I usually turn to L' Oreal. I love their True Match Lumi foundation! Most of these products range from $5 to about $15, so they're fairly affordable. If you're looking for other cheap(er) drugstore brands, you could give Wet Seal's line a go (although I don't know how great the quality is) or Milani's products. Good luck :)

5. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    I use the Balm,and I can honestly say, this is the best highlighter what I ever had, I use it on my cheekbones and the glow it gives is amazing. I have used it about six months now, and i'm totally in love ! Also, this stuff is highly pigmented so, you need to use it just a little bit. I mean one light swipe and that's all. maryl-ou_productshot.