Where Do You Buy Your Apparels From – Online Or Offline?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by moondebi • Oct 21, 2016.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I had always been reluctant to buy cloths online. The selection procedure and the measurement criteria kept me off the idea of buying something online. But, now I have to admit that when something gets thoroughly popular … there're some valid reasons. Now a day most of my family’s cloth is bought online. The options and the discount you get online are way better than offline. After receiving if you find the product not up to the satisfaction, there’s an option of easy return which is a fuss free process. And above all, you don’t need to sail through the traffic. Things are delivered at your doorsteps.

What is you opinion?

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I would only shop for clothes online if it's from a major store chain. They usually send you the correct sizes and if you need to return something or have a complaint, you can visit the store itself and exchange any defective items there. I wouldn't shop on just any random site though.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping offline, not only is it fun but I am able to try on the clothing before purchasing. I dislike going through the returns and exchange process so I do make sure that what I buy I will keep. I like shopping and walking around so shopping in person is no problem at all for me.

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I very rarely buy any clothes online as I always prefer to try things on before I part with my cash. Not only that if something doesn't fit or isn't what was advertised, sometimes the returns policy means a lot of messing about and it can cost more to return an item than what it's actually worth.

A lot of online stores now are starting to offer free delivery and returns on their products so that does make ordering online more tempting than before, but for anybody who prefers to try before they buy like I do, the high street stores are still the only option we have.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Online buying has a lot of benefits to offer to their customers. The discounted sales, the easiness of ordering via online. That means time and efforts are spared than going to the mall,supermarket which requires you a sufficient time and the difficulty of traveling.

6. Carrierbags4sale

Carrierbags4saleNew Member

Threads:
    I often go to somewhere like Ebay and search for very unique items. I sometimes buy T-shirts from online marketplace is good for dresses and accessories, but I buy most of my Apparels from normal shops.

7. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought a few clothes online, but I prefer to buy clothes offline. I like to see what I buy. Online, its difficult to see what type of cloth is being used, the exact color of the item etc., you have to rely on what you see on the screen. Which is not the case in offline purchase. There you can see and select accordingly.

8. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    I mainly shop online, I don't have a lot of spare time to shop in stores. I shop mainly swimsuitsforall, kohls, department stores, maurices, dsw.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    It is so hard to not buy just get online and buy clothes, but in my experience I have just wasted too much money trying to find something and they never really fit the way I want them to. I still have the need to actually try the thing on before I buy it, so unless it is socks or something like that, I buy all my clothes in the store.

10. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my clothes from local stores because looking for the right texture, color, and size can only be done if you can see the actual product itself. So anything I wear I buy them mostly from local stores except shoes.

11. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I buy both offline and online. I bought few clothes online and the results were mixed still I like to feel and buy rather than assume and buy.

12. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Same here too. I want to try it before finally buying an apparel, Just would like to see how I look in those outfits. So trial room is a must for me. Also I am skeptical if it would be fit for my size. In offline shopping we can check it physically and try various clothes with different patterns and color combinations. But online stores have huge collections and some of them are really pretty.

I usually buy fruit plant seeds, electronic gadgets (rarely through) and cosmetics online. Some gadgets like 4G dongles are not available anywhere near my location so I had to buy it online. As you rightly pointed out return procedure is a mess and we have to bear the courier charges too. We may end up losing a lot of time in follow-up and processing.

13. Running Clothing

Running ClothingNew Member

Threads:
    I like to shopping online because of the numerous advantages and benefits. so, make your running sessions even more fun and effective with these range of suitable clothing. Aside offering high performance and quality, these running clothing are equally appealing look-wise. If you looking online you will find several online stores like

which offers attractive range within your budget. I purchased lots of cloth from this site.

14. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    The amount of stock that the online stores are able to sell is one of the main advantages they have over the high street stores, that is a good point. Many times I've had to drive around from one store to the next to try and find the item I want in the right size and the right colour as they don't have the full range in my local one. When I have ordered online I never have that issue and it's just a case of clicking a button and then they send what I ant from whichever one of their warehouses or stores have it.

15. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Offlineis much better then online.

16. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    If there is a good sizing system, I might buy something online. I still prefer to try things on first though, because sometimes even if something does fit, it might not be that great. Some things look good on the hanger but not as good once you put it on. For example, a skirt could be too short or a top could be too low cut, once you try it on, even though it looked fine in the picture.

If it's a great bargain and they offer free shipping for receiving and returning, I'd probably go for it, or if it's just like a T-shirt or something simple. Mostly though, I like to see stuff in person, feel it, try it on.

17. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I normally buy clothes at the local store or in malls since I have big bones so it's hard for me to find clothes my size. That's why I prefer buying clothes where I can try them first if it fits me right before purchasing it. That way, I will save myself from hassle of returning goods in case I picked the wrong size or they send me the wrong one.

18. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    After buying several times online, I sometimes ended up with clothes that are too small for me, and the seller on Ebay doesn't accept refunds, so I'm stuck with the shirt and pants that I bought. So nowadays, I don't buy clothes online, and instead I just buy them offline so that I can fit them to be sure.

19. SammyGregory

SammyGregoryMember

Threads:
    A mix of offline or online. Apart from swimsuitsforall which is online only and I only get swimsuits from the rest all have brick and mortar stores. I usually shop online first to see what stores have what I am looking for and depending on my schedule I will either buy them online or go to the store and get them.

20. oasisshirts

oasisshirtsNew Member

Threads:
    I often go to somewhere like oasis shirts and online shirts store as i dont have spare times to go for shopping offline very rare things i use to pick offline,because i get many fashionable shirts there having no fiting issue they easily get fit maximum dress i used to collect online and they are upto mark whatever i got till now.i use offline market only for any urgency.