Buying A Wallet.

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jasmin Cottontail • Nov 4, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Hi! I'm actually planning to buy a new wallet as a gift for myself this coming Christmas. I've been checking wallets all over the net and browse some through different online shops such as Lazada, eBay, Amazon and Ali Express. I've seen a lot so far and had a few options but I can't seem to decide as I can't really find what I am looking for.

Well I'm looking for a wallet with lots of compartments and particularly a long one (not less than 7 inches in length) with double decks. Do you know any? Please let me know. Thanks!

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    For quality wise. I would recommend that you check the products being sold at the SM department store. You'll find a bunch of good wallets there and you can even check the quality upfront. When it comes to buying items like these over the net, I tend not to buy through them because there's a lot of fakes and poor quality products sold online most specially with Ebay and Ali. My friend purchased a branded bag off Lazada recently but she then decided to return it because she figured out that it's just a replica of the original one. Try to be more careful when you buy stuff like these online. Or you might as well look for local wallet manufacturers like for example the one in Marikina. This place is known to make high quality leather wallets and you can even have yours customized. :D

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    You can cut the chase by finding an artisan and then giving him your product specifications. Then bargain for a friendly price. Custom made items don't have to be expensive since you are not searching dogs high end product or brands.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is not to discourage you but just a sharing of experience. I bought a purse in one of the online stores you mentioned. The purse was for my wife, a gift for her birthday. In the picture, the purse looked classy and elegant so I did not hesitate to buy it. But when it arrived, the purse was smaller than it looked and not that elegant. I am not blaming Lazada. Just a caveat that we need to be discerning when purchasing online.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Really? Too bad I've got my eyes on some wallets that I've found online. Particularly Lazada. I was also thinking of checking wallets at the department store as I might find a nice wallet there before purchasing online. Good thing I haven't ordered anything yet. Just too disappointed since I've checked some of the reviews and they are a bit pretty good.

Well good thing I've posted in here so I can have advices regarding this matter. Thanks for the warning. I think I'll go check at the department store first and see if I can get one from there :)

Anyway, regarding the customized wallets, where can I get one? Cheers! ::D

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Really? Aw :( That's really awful. Now I got a bit disappointed since I have my eyes on some classy wallets at those online shops. Good thing I've posted in here first to ask for opinions. Now I wouldn't want to waste my money and get a fake wallet or a false advertised one. I think I'll just look for wallets at the department store or have it customized just like what @biege@biege had mentioned.

Thanks for the advice anyway. At least now I'm aware of what I might get if ever I purchased a wallet online.

7. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    Go to the mall and check out department stores purse sections, coach, etc. They will give you a better idea if you aren't wanting a name brand about what to look for online. I personally love the coach ones due to the amount of card holders, etc in them.

8. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really want to discourage you but that has been a fact based on the experience of my friends and close acquaintances who buy signature products online. Well, for me I only buy products that can't be faked online, say for example cameras and Chinese products. The funny thing about China products is that they don't make fake copies of their own. Lol!
    Welcome, Jasmin. I wish you best and I hope you could buy yourself good gifts. :)
    When it comes to custom products, just ask around Marikina, they will show you which stores makes them but honestly, most manufacturers there offers custom made products. :D

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Yes thanks a lot! Well I tried looking for wallets at SM Department store the other day and I've found a lot of beautiful and classy wallets and since Christmas is coming, most of them are on sale. I feel really happy haha :D However, my problem now is there are plenty to choose from that's why I'm really having a hard time choosing which one to get :)

10. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Well lucky for you, you'll have more to options to choose from. Have you watched the movie "Doctor Strange"? There was a quote in the movie that stayed in my mind even after watching it and it was when the protagonist is having a sparring session with one of his mentors: “You are ready when the relic decides you are ready.” – Mordo
    Doctor Strange actually wants to have his own relic (magical item) but he's not sure how to find his, and then Mordo said that line to him. :D

11. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Awww!! that's so sad to know about your experience and i d agreed with you some times it do happens. Everything has its own goods and bads. But i had good experience with Amazon, bought a gift for my girls friend was a pretty purse. I think @

should try for once and i hope you'll find some good deals.

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Looking for a quality wallet and for your need. I would suggest that you personally visit the mall nearest to your place. You could find many of wallet in various sizes, color, style for your satisfaction rather than directly ordering it from online store.

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    @biege@biege Certainly! I'm also planning to look for more wallets in our local malls. I hope I can find the right one for me :)

I haven't seen Doctor Strange yet and I've been waiting for it since they said that it's an awesome film, and I've seen the trailer as well. Yes that was a nice quote, probably I'll feel the same way when I watch the entire film. I'm so excited to watch it. There are actually a lot of copies circulating the web but most of them are Cam Rip and I don't want to ruin the moment so I'll just wait for the HD version. Thanks again! :D

@Alonzo123@Alonzo123 Really? Yes I browsed at Amazon and there are amazing wallets there as well. Actually, I was able to choose some and saved it on my wishlist. However, learning that some people experienced receiving fake or misleading items, I'm a bit skeptical now since I don't want to waste my money to buy something like that. Especially those wallets that I have my eyes on are a bit pricey so I should be extra careful in choosing.

@Nakitakona@Nakitakona Yes that's what I did :) I visit the nearest mall when I learn that there are people who experience fake and misleading items in buying online. I did found plenty of wallets to choose from and I was really happy! :D And the good thing is Christmas is coming so there will be lots of sale in malls and bazaar.

#13Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  14. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    The best quality wallets based on my experience are thick-clothed wallets that have a zipper. You can usually purchase them in any small family stores for a cheap price or in a clearance section of a larger store. Let me tell you, the wallet I purchased for 2 dollars that was made out of those materials lasted me 7 years.

Similar to this:

[​IMG]

15. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to buying something like that, I'd probably recommend that you do your research on-line but when it comes to actually buying the item it's better to do that in person on the high street so you know exactly what your getting. There are a number of high quality brands around and recently I bought my wife a Radley purse and bag and even though they are a little expensive, you know that your going to get the best quality and a product that will stand the test of time.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I myself have been deceived by those misleading pics online. But in my case, it was bags from Ebay. When the products arrived, the materials used were thin and flimsy. So if I were you, you would be better off shopping in person so that you can take a good look at the materials used if they're thick enough.

17. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Price doesn't always mean quality and I learned that the hard way. I've purchased a few expensive brand wallets and clothing and they easily ripped or fell apart in a few months while the cheaper brand has lasted me years. You're right, though, for this reason, one must research online so that won't happen.

18. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Since it is just one wallet which should be durable and of your desire why not buy it locally after touching and feeling it? You will get an idea of the quality too and it shouldn't be very costly either.

19. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    It is a bit tricky to buy wallet online as you cannot check all the compartments. Last time, I bought one from Woodlands which came out to be nice and durable. For this kind of items, I generally go for the branded ones where quality won't be a concern. However, you can choose design out of the lot and in most of the cases they turn out to be as is shown in the pictures. Otherwise, return option is always there.

20. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    After my dog bit my wallet couple of weeks ago, I am also in need of a new wallet, however, I have decided not to buy a wallet instead use my hand bag as a wallet. These days when we carry so many things for instance, mobile phone, cosmetics and other accessories, a wallet cannot accommodate these things. Thus, I have decided not to get a wallet.