Any Deals On Kids Shoes?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by thisnthat • Nov 29, 2016.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Why are kids shoes so expensive? They are a fraction of the size, thus requiring a fraction of the materials needed to make adult shoes. Yet, many times they cost just as much, if not more, than teen/adult shoes. How does that even make sense?

So, do you know of anyplace to get good deals for kids shoes? Have you found places to shop for them where the shoes are a bit more affordable? Please share your favorite places to shop, any tips or tricks you have for savings, or places to get some good coupons or stuff like that. Your ideas are appreciated.

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Kid's shoes are not expensive due the volume of material used, it is costly because of the fun factor and promotional gimmick attached to it. There's hardly any shoe which doesn't have a picture of any superhero or cartoon character depicted. These are biggest draw for kids.
    However, it really penetrates the pocket if you have to buy shoes in M.R.P given that they run out of size pretty often. So, I look for sale where at times you could grab a good deal, especially during festive seasons.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well the one thing that I took away from all my experience here, aside from getting the hand me downs of course, was that stores you might not think carry name brand shoes often do, and they are often a lot cheaper. Great for gifts.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Kids shoes are expensive no doubt about that. It's good to get them from online store but also from local stores during sales.

It is also advisable to buy a size larger for kids as they grow up quite quickly.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I beg to differ. I don't think the childish images are increasing the price - but rather it's just greed on the part of the companies. For instance, I've seen kid's socks that are plain and the price was the same as for adults.