What Toys Did You Buy For Christmas?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by thisnthat • Dec 28, 2016.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Did you manage to score any good bargains on toys for Christmas? Will you be looking for more during the post holiday sales?

I managed to find some cute stuff at good prices on Amazon for my grandchildren's Christmas gifts. I'm hoping to find some more during the after sales, since we have a birthday coming up soon for one of the little ones. I also have an Amazon gift card to spend, so that doesn't hurt either.

Where do you shop for deals of toys for little ones?

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I bought my daughter some stuffed animals, a toy dog that walks, an art kit, and a doll which she loves. I bought in liverpool when they were having a good sale on toys so I got pretty good deals. I have never shopped in Amazon but have heard of their great discounts.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, it sounds like you did great. I'm glad she loves her doll. Did you visit a marketplace or specific shops?

With Amazon, you have to watch, since they also have third party sellers. Sometimes, the deals are better than others (and you have to watch out for high shipping charges if you don't have Prime or a Prime eligible item).

I usually do pretty well with shopping there though, and it's an added bonus for me. Having stuff delivered right to my door is a big plus, since I have some physical limitations. I just can't do the "shop 'til you drop" thing any more. :)

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There was a Christmas sale in Toy Kingdom but the only toy I bought was the stuff toy which was a bargain at buy-one-take-one. I got 4 pieces for the price of two which we gave to toddlers in the neighborhood. For the children of our relatives, we prefer to give them clothes instead of toys because what they want is tablet or cellphone which is expensive.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a little dancing Santa Clause with a wrapped gift in one hand and a torch in the other. I also bought crayons and colouring books and sweets.

The guy gave me a good discount since I bought the Christmas tree and decoration, all from the same stall.

6. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I try to purchase toys that are cheap but don't look cheap. It's pretty tough to find but it's possible. There's a store here called DelSol. They always have good toys for very good deals. I really like their remote control cars even if they're simple. They're cheap priced but don't seem cheap because they're remote control. Even the small ones with one button and easily excite a child.

7. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I love getting "bundled" deals like that. It sounds like you made the most of your shopping trip. I like it when they give you a break because you bought a lot from them. I think it's good salesmanship, and I'm more likely to return.

@TheKnight@TheKnight that's what I like to do to, find cheap prices but not cheap looking items. I think it's an art form, ha ha. I've seen people make up the most expensive looking gift baskets without spending a lot of money. Some people are just good at picking the right things (and have good taste). Others, with the same amount of money in hand, would come out with theirs looking like junk. :p

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    You can easily make a nice looking goody gift basket as well. Purchase some nice looking cookies from the dollar tree or something and some chocolates as well. It's all about a person's decorating skills. If you know how to use your materials, you can make anything look good.

9. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    Yes, I sure did. Action figure collectibles for my brother, and even for myself, were offered at a very good price. For example, I got about 5 or 6 action figures for less than $10 USD. That's a deal. I believe I only paid around $8 with tax and all. That was good enough for me...

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I bought couple of Lego toys from Amazon. They say I saved INR 200 on Airport Starter set that I bought for Inr but there is no difference in local market which is available for same price and the other one Lego City Town which I ought for INR 2100 was available for 1990 in local market. But I bought them because I had to utilize my Amazon Gift Cards given by survey sites.

11. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't buy toys this Christmas. What I did was to bring my granddaughter to the toy's store in our locality and had her select her favorite toy. Since she was a 3-year old girl, she preferred to get a plastic kitchenette toys, a Barbie and a mermaid dolls, and small Teddy Bear stuff toy. As she brought them home, I could sense how happy she was.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    We actually came to mutual decision a couple of years ago and decided that we are no longer getting gifts for the immediate family, so that cuts some of it out for me. I mostly just stick with books these days.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer the same but I had to send these toys to different relatives in different cities so I bought them online and send them directly. You know I had bout a toy last year which I wanted to send to one of my loved one. The mistake I did I bought it locally and the shipping charges were almost the same as the cost of the toy.