Do You Try On Your Clothes Before Leaving A Store, Or Do You Just Buy The Item And Hope It Works.

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by BloomingThrouhh • Feb 1, 2017.

1. BloomingThrouhh

BloomingThrouhhNew Member

Threads:
    I never really leave the store without trying it on first. Whether I have a shirt, pants, or shoes I have to see how it looks before bringing it home with me. This saves me from leaving and having to return it, but I know people who don't try on their items before leaving which one are you?

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    For me it is a must to try the clothe before actually buying it. I always use trial rooms to try the cloth and find how it looks on me. I also avoid shopping (offline) clothes at night as most of the times color would look different at day times. So it is always better to buy clothes in day times if you are too conscious about colors.

As you said there may be many people who never try clothes at stores and they have to come back to return the product if it doesn't suit them. That is a waste of time and money. If everybody start using trial rooms there should be a big rush in front of rooms which I never saw.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I always try on the clothes unless it's sweaters and if I'm not in such a hurry. If I am in a hurry and the clothing looks too small or tight, I just purchase one size larger than I would usually wear and if it's too loose, it's fine because I like loose shirts and for pants, I can just use a belt. Purchasing elastic is a good way to fit your pants around you by sewing one to the waist of the pants. You can even add them to older clothing that are too loose so you can wear them again, thus saving you money and not having to purchase new clothing.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    If everything is right and I have the opportunity to, then yes I will always try something on before actually buying it. Sometimes the places just do not have the places though, which is strange, but you just have to guess.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We were on a tour last weekend and it is customary for us to buy a shirt at least. The seller was insisting on a Small size for me because she said I look slim (but in truth, I am not). I insisted on the Medium sized shirt. Then my wife reminded me to just try the shirt for size because that happened to me in Vietnam when I bought 2 shirts labeled Medium and it turned out to be small. Anyway, I tried the Medium size and it was okay. If I had taken the word of the seller, I guess the Small size would be really small for me.

When we walked away from the store, that size was our conversation. My wife said that we should now be trying clothes for size whenever we buy just to be sure that it would fit us.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the times I would try clothes while shopping but sometimes I just buy by estimating/putting againat by body rather than actually wearing it. This usually happens where trial rooms aren't available.

Shoes on the other hand is a must try and buy for me. It has to be comfortable otherwise even if it appears nice I might not buy.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    When I am shopping alone, I just find the size of my clothes without trying them in the fitting room. I know exactly my size. When in doubt, I try to fit it in my shoulder length. If it fits, it also fits in me. That was the raw method which I learned from my late mother for during that time it was too unethical or unhealthy to fit the clothes you wanted to buy.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I must always try on the clothing before purchasing to save myself time from the exchanging or returning process. That is why I mostly prefer buying clothing in stores than online to make sure it fits and don't have to go through all the stress. I don't ever go shopping for clothes unless I have time so time won't prevent me from trying them on.

9. MomOfThree1980

MomOfThree1980New Member

Threads:
    I always have to try it on. I am short and I don't know how to hem. With my luck the one item I didn't try would be 2 feet too long. My friend on the other hand never tries them on in the store and they fit her perfectly 9/10 times.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whether on sale or not clothes I want to buy I'd try it on before buying. I saw a very wonderful sale for t-shirts marked down ridiculously, I just pressed them on me and it looked like it fit. Took it home and it was one size too small. So instead of wasting money on it I stretch it out when I washed it. It's snug, but it fits. I love to find bargains for clothes and one place for good bargains is Walmart. I always go window shopping for a half an hour looking for the clearance area of the store to find wonder money saving deals too! Happy shopping savings at clearance areas!

11. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I usually try one the clothes before buying. Earlier we used to have our clothes stitched which did not need any trying on. But since we started buying ready made clothes, we try it on before buying. It is a good practice, since we get to know how we will look after wearing that dress and then decide whether we want to buy it or not. It also helps us to find out whether the clothes will fit us or not.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I think that's a no-brainer that someone would buy clothing, yet they won't even bother to try them out first before buying it. I always fit the clothing first before buying it. That ensures me that I won't have to expend additional effort into returning the item back to the store.

13. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    This is one reason I avoid buying clothes online.
    How much congested the trail rooms are, I never leave the store without a fit-check. You might know your size, or could guess it out. But, the texture of the fabric may make a dress different from the other. So, even if in a hurry, it is wise to try it out to avoid further hassles.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, even I used to try them first before leaving. Why to take risk if we are going to store personally? I mean I would surely not like to visit the store again just for exchanging purpose. So no need to take such silly risk. I have never seen any people who used to do. I mean who will take things like clothes without trying out. If one wants to do it then better to go for online shopping. Lol

15. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I usually try on clothes before paying for them. It would be a waste of time and money to go back to the store to have it replaced. Things can also get complicated if there are no other sizes available for the same item. This is a distinct advantage of shopping at malls or physical stores over online stores. Trying clothes on is important because the manufacturers use standard measurements which may not match a buyer's actual measurements. In addition, it gives me the opportunity to check if I'll actually look good in them.

16. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I try my shoes at the shop before buying it, but I don't try my clothes. Reason being that I know clothes that can look good on me or fit me just by looking at it, even my younger brother and friends, I can buy clothes that fit perfectly well in their bodies just by looking at them. Might sound funny but I know am that good when it comes to clothes.

17. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I was in the habit of buying clothes without trying them,as in wearing, before pay. I'll just look at the clothes as big enough for me. I had bad experience with one shopping I did one time. I bought three shirts without trying them at the shop. On getting home I decided to see how they fit to my disappointment they were too tight on me. I had to journey back to the shop to exchange them for fitter clothes.

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I buy a suit for myself I have to try it. I honestly can not understand who buys some kind of clothing and hopes that it will be in line with what you're expecting (as if waiting for the lottery result :p).

19. ACEP

ACEPMember

Threads:
    I usually try clothes on in shops before I make decisions, and it is not only to check if the size fits but also I have to make sure the clothes don't look ridiculous on me. Many clothes have nice designs and patterns when you see them on display, but they look weird on a human body. In order to avoid taking clothes back to shops, I would try them on before buying them.

While in some shops they don't have fitting rooms and yes it's weird, only I can do is to guess.

20. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    As long as there is the available facility to try on the clothes, I will have to try on the garment to satisfy myself that is a suitable fit and I would also check to see if there were any flaws on the item. This action would probably save me from the hassle of having to take a trip back to the store to seek an exchange or refund if there was a problem with the item.