Online Shopping For Jeans

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by naruto100 • Feb 13, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, This was my first experience when I purchased something like Jeans from online store. I was not used to buy such things from online site because I always worried about fitting and size. Better to go for try first and then go for purchasing. But this time because of less time I tried it for the first time and honestly I am happy with it.

Fitting is almost perfect and I got the deal in really good price. It was good deal in compare to offline market for sure. Thought I still think it is risky because of fitting. I don't want to face this boring return thing again and again.

What about you guys? Do you purchase such clothes from online where you are not sure about fitting.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have also purchased jeans online and I was happy with the results. The Jeans fit me like I expected and also got a great online deal. I will purchase some more later on since the first time was to test it out. I guess as long as we know our size things will turn out fine and if you see a well known design then I suggest going for those all the time.

3. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    This is the main concern for me too. While doing offline shopping we can try the cloth before paying for it. In online shopping we never see and try the product physically. For something like clothes fitness is the most important factor. Even if you go by the size it could be wrong sometimes as different brands follow different parameters.

However, online stores got a huge variety of dressing materials that you can't see in an offline shop. I saw some cool t-shirts and jeans in Amazon but quite skeptical about the perfect size for me. I think I better try buying a cheap one first and then go for premium ones. Though we can return the product if we are not satisfied the whole process is quite time consuming.

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @kamai@kamai Even my first experience was good at first time. About size, well sometimes jeans don't fit well even if they are of the same size. It depends on company too. But yes it don't happens often. I will try out for more too in future. Hope I will keep getting better experience. Thanks for sharing your thought on it.

@luckycharm@luckycharm That's what exactly I think. Sometimes it depends on brands, so fitting may be vary even if we purchase with the same size. That's why I was worried with my first purchase but fortunately it was gone well.

Every thing is having its advantages and disadvantages. So it same goes for online shopping too. I still prefer offline shopping only for clothing. But will try in future for sure.

#4Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2017
  5. kellyon

kellyonNew Member

Threads:
    I used to buy at Amazon and ebay

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Both are good sites. I have experience of both sites. But honestly I don't have any experience of same sites for clothing. I have tried out another site once and I found it good. But I am still not sure if I should continue buying clothes from online sites.

I doubt on quality and fitting of the clothes. I know we can return the product if we are not satisfied but still it is long process of return.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do buy pants online and have bought even sneakers too and they fit really good and both had very good prices so I too took a chance on these purchases and was quite happy with my purchases. :D I do take a chance from time to time with online purchases. For things that you usually try on before you purchase if the price is very right and free shipping too. You save money when you can find online deals with clothes or sneakers that's too good to pass even if you didn't try them on. :D:D

8. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Purchasing clothes from an online store is something that I'm skeptic about. Even in malls, whenever I go shopping, I always have a hard time in getting clothes that will fit me because most of the clothes in our place are in medium and small sizes. However, I bought a pair of wedge sandals a year ago and it fits my feet just right :) So probably I will try to buy clothes or jeans online if I see something that's kinda worth it :D

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    The fact is some times it's difficult for me to finally make my selection when buying clothes including jeans. It's tough getting the ones I'd say perfectly fit until after an exhaustive selection, I mostly experience this while shopping for trousers. Going by this experience I am reluctant going online to make a purchase for wears including jeans.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Ha ha.. That's why even I took chance once so far. And fortunately it was good experience. I was totally ignoring any kind of clothes purchasing from online store due to fitting thing. But yes due to good price difference I got attract and I tried it. But I wonder if my next try will face the same, lol.

But yes I have purchased shoes many times and I found all of them with good deals.

11. Kyle Sheeran

Kyle SheeranNew Member

Threads:
    For me the biggest problem was to find good jeans, even in the stores, I usually didn't like the model, I just couldn't find the jeans I was imagining in my head heheh. And then I tried online purchasing, and found this place "make your own jeans" . Fortunately for me too it was a good experience.

The jeans are handmade and there are many options, and the deals are excelent!

#11Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
  12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Kyle Sheeran@Kyle Sheeran Good to hear that you too had good experience with it.

About good jeans, online stores is having large collection for sure. We may found good jeans too in compare to off line market as well. But the biggest concern for me is to have proper fitting. I am surely strict with the fitting even if I go to stores personally. So this may possible that online shopping clothes don't have that much good fitting. But my first experience was really good. So I guess I can try out more.

#12Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
  13. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought abiut 4 jeans online and am happy with all of them. They aren't just the right fit but right colour also. Many a times its the coloyr that disappoints you because it might arrive faded than your desired colour.

With jeans this has never been an issue.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady You are right in that case. Yes there may be color problem in this kind of shopping. Personally I faced this thing when I purchased my jeans. I got slightly different shade from which I saw in the image. But it is fine as I liked this one too. That's why I am saying that my first experience was good. But yes it can create problem if we don't like.

#14Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  15. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I purchased jeans only once online and my experience was not good. Therefore, now I try it on and then only buy it. The size which came was too small for me. One I returned back and the other one I gave it to someone.

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @anupamas2@anupamas2 That is the big problem for sure for such online shopping. Though first experience of mine was really good. But yes size and fitting problem may appear in such situation. That is why even I was used to buy such items from stores only. Better try out first and then purchase. But then due to lack of timing I think about trying online purchase and it went good for me. Even now I am not sure if I will continue this habit normally because I still would love to go to store and then buy only. But still I will try few more times so that I can have proper idea on same. Thanks for sharing your experience.

#16Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  17. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do that, but now not anymore. I have purchased lots of 2nd hand clothes on Ebay before because they looked good in the photo, but when the item arrived, it didn't fit me at all. And the seller doesn't also offer refunds, so I'm stuck with clothes that don't fit me at all. So now, I only buy clothes when I can fit them.

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    2nd Hand clothes?!!! I have never heard about it. I am only talking about new ones. But yes fitting problems may appear in new one too. That's why I was avoiding online shopping for clothes. Still I tried it and my first experience was good one. So I am thinking about to try another time. Let's see if I am that lucky or not.

19. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 So you haven't bought 2nd hand clothes yet? Is that not popular in your country? I think in Asia and in the US selling 2nd hand clothes is quite popular. You just have to make sure the item is washed and disinfected before buying it. You should try it sometime. They're really cheap, and some look good as new too.

#19Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2017
  20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania You said Asia, I am from India, but I haven't seen such thing yet. I have seen people used to take certain clothes on rent for certain occasions, but buying 2nd hand clothes, I haven't seen something like that here. I don't think it is popular here otherwise I could have at least heard about it.