Is It Even Worth Complaining?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by pwarbi • Oct 10, 2016.

1. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I think the social media is contributing to the increasing awareness of businesses of the need to keep their customers happy. As what @Decentlady@Decentlady noted, some battles are worth fighting while some aren't. If the amount is too low and if it would cost me more to go back to the store to complain, I'll most probably just charge it to experience. But if the amount is big and the item is that important, I'll probably take the time and the effort to complain. Sometimes, I would feel the need to complain just to teach some people a lesson. In fastfood joints, for instance, not only are the staff trained to put more ice than necessary on the drinks, they are sometimes too lazy to fill the glass to its full capacity. I would always complain and ask the service staff to max it. However, I am also not like some people who would complain for the sake of complaining.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It certainly depends on how grave the situation is. However, rather than just ranting it out on your own timeline, it's better to go to the company's social media pages and express your concerns. You would also do well to call the management of the branch that offended you and let them know how a staff or their system's inefficiency has inconvenienced you and many other people. Don't just complain. Articulate or express your views in ways that lead to concrete solutions. Just my two cents.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree if you are going to complain it might be worth it to go the general business pages to do it. Especially if you are a regular customer who knows the store. They might be more willing to listen to what you have to say. They can be extremely responsive if they don't want to lose the loyalty of a good customer.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    So long we have spent money buying the item I am of the opinion it's worth complaining irrespective of the cost. We may just decide to let go sometimes. Really disappointing not getting the item or service we were promised in good condition

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with OP as I am experiencing one such case right now. I ordered an item for gifting purpose on 6th of January which was scheduled for delivery on 14th (yesterday) but I did not get it by 8 PM so I contacted customer support at Amazon. They said the item will be delayed and rescheduled new delivery date in between 14-18 January. I asked them to change the delivery address because the person I intend to gift the item will be in Delhi. They said they change delivery destination in the same city limit only. Now I have two options, either I cancel the order or courier it to the Delhi address.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It is the right of every consumer to complain on his dissatisfaction of the item he has bought in case it falls short of its guaranteed quality or its misrepresentation as what it is being promoted or advertized.

In our country, there is a law about that and the concerned seller or product own would be charged and obligated to indemnify its customer of his losses.

Since it is a right, it shouldn't be abused.

7. Rosemary

RosemaryNew Member

Threads:
    I don't like product reviews on Amazon if the person didn't pay what I'm paying for it...don't think it's accurate. I did complain about that....then when Amazon answered it seems like too much trouble to persue it...now I just go and give an unhelpful check if I know that was the case.

Sometimes I'll do it out of spite though, when I see someone playing the I like erevyones post but yours I just go on Amazon and give her accomplice a negative rep.

In the end it's all about not liking fake reviews.

8. Rosemary

RosemaryNew Member

Threads:
    You don't get very long on here to edit...wanted to fix some typos but can't now. :(

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Usually not, although I did used to work in a restaurant once and it was amazing how much managers just did not want to deal with people and gave stuff away all the time. I guess it just depends on where you go.

10. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    I've just had a classic about this. A company messed up on something minor but it cost me several hours repair, so I tried to claim the costs back for the damaged part - about £7. They refused to pay up, despite admitting the problem was their fault. I took it to twitter. Two days later I got £25 in vouchers in the post.

They seem to think that giving more money makes things better, rather than convincing me that their customer service is lousy and that if I ever deal with them again I will have to go public again if anything goes wrong.

11. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on the company to be honest. Most of the time you just have to accept it because the company will have awful customer service that will only make you more annoyed and will definitely be wasted time. However, there are a few companies out there that will accept returns or will offer you some sort of compensation if you complain. It seems that if your complain is public they take it more seriously as it could affect their popularity if loads of people see the complaints

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Always worth complaining (it can be very annoying and time consuming to solve at times... but worth it). If all consumers who have some sort of problem feel that complaining doesn't make sense anymore (because they don't solve anything), companies will never really solve anything.

This would be a huge loss for consumers and a giant benefit for companies that would have the autonomy to stamp a valued charge on their products (forcing consumers to always buy more and more).

13. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think you could go to the company website and write them a note explaining what happened,but don't expect to much,but they could offer you some kind of discount to get you back shopping there again. Sometimes problems can get solved by not causing to much fuss. Also you can go to Yelp and rate a lot of these local businesses as well,and tell them about you experiences either good or bad.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well so far thedare has been very helpful and nice people in the retail shops I go to. If there is a return they find out why and give me my refund without any ire. I like shopping and most of the time all these decades the things I buy is all good and functioning, so great. Sometimes I come across things like there is a sign of the great bargain price and I get the bargain price even if the register says otherwise! Fantastic!!! Or there are times when I find an item that the sign is for another item but placed wrong, like today. The cashier went to check for I told her I'll wait for it was .60 off a candy bar with only 4g of sugar, so I waited. Can't buy Hershey bars these days:confused: too much sugar added. I requested to Hershey for sugar free chocolate covered Whoppers, they liked the idea. As the cashier called for help, they found the item, brought me the chocolates and I got 3 of them happily. Tomorrow I'm going again for the chocolates were great. The store apologized, and I forgave knowing we are all human. Maybe the person is going through a rough patch or something so wasn't as kind to you.

15. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I think a lot of people just don't like confrontation, so they just cut their losses and go on. I'm sure some companies depend on this way of thinking, and it seems to be working for them.

Of course, if it's not a big deal, you're probably better off moving on. If it's a really bad experience or a lot of money then I would definitely expect something to be done about it and I would file a complaint. It gets a little trickier when shopping online, since it may cost more to return something than it's really worth (especially if you already paid for shipping to get it). That's a good reason to always be clear, in advance, about the return policies. If you can prove it's broken, they should just send you a new one. They can't sell the broken thing anyway.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it depends on the store and who manages it and the employees' attitude as well. I actually had no problems returning an item that was faulty. The only time I was rejected in returning an item was when I returned a CD that I thought had a "defect" on the recording. It turns out that it's just a "normal" part of the song, because they never traded the item. Come to think of it, a CD is uniformly made, the original ones at least, so if you heard a "strange" sound, all of them are like that.