Clothes Or Food

Discussion in Misc & Others started by tallulah • Jul 27, 2017.

1. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    What do you spend money on more - clothes or food? I used to spend more money on clothes. It didn't really make sense because I think food is more important than clothes. At the beginning of this year, I made a few changes to how I buy my clothes and increased my food options.

What are your views in this?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to food and clothes, my policy is quality first. That means it is not good to buy cheap but it's not good to buy either if you cnnot afford. Given a choice between the two, of course food will be the priority unless the clothes are needed for an occasion like an upcoming wedding. As they say in our family, clothes can wait.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I do not spend to much on clothes so I would say food-and you should purchase the clothes that you need. Like the Rolling Stones said-"You can't always get what you want-but if you try sometime you find-you get what you need". So I would not get to carried away with fashion I would say-and you should buy quality-but it does feel good to over-spend on fashion sometimes because it makes you feel better !

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I spend more on food than clothes. You have to eat everyday and clothes lasts for a while. Food these days is quite good too like Safeway $5 Fridays, when I can get Signature Cafe's chicken tenders for $5 a pound. I love their chicken tenders. I finally tried Stoufer's stuffed bell peppers they were alright but a bit too sweet to me. I try to find sales to buy food like at CVS weekly sales or Walgreen's week sale so I can save even more.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    When I was young and had no responsibilities I would have starved in order to have a new outfit to show off when I went out! These days I would go for food every time as I have my priorities right now.

It's important to have clothes to suit the weather but once you have them you can go a long time without buying any more.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    We are here to live and we have basic biological needs in order to exist. They would constitute foods, shelter and clothing. Based on such priority of needs foods come first whether we like it or not we need foods everyday and we should eat three times a day. Shelter and clothing may be acquired as the case may be. Why? Some do not have a house for their own, They just rent it but they couldn't do away with foods to survive. In like manner with clothes, they may be purchased once in awhile but not as important as foods.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I much rather spend money of food than clothing. Besides clothing can last years as food only a few days. I like to keep my families and my stomach satisfied with good food so I like spending in varieties of food stuff. I can spend a little on clothes and usually buy them when there's discounts, that's how I save on clothes.

8. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    The obvious answer would be food of course, since you already have clothes and plenty of it I would assume. And food, well you have to have a regular supply or you would be starving to death. But let's take it like this, you are bare and chilling plus starving at the same time. So which would you choose, clothes or food? To answer this, I will choose food, not to survive the freezing cold but to be happy knowing I'm full before I pass out.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Clothes are important, there is no doubt about that... But food is essential to us. So, there is no way I can choose another option besides "food" ;) (after all, we could live naked if we lived in another society :p).

10. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Haha! That just cracked me up. Yes. I guess we can live naked in some super archaic society :)

11. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Good one :D
    Both are important to me but I usually spend less on clothes in a way to save money from frequently buying and clogging my closet. But when it comes to food I won't compromise money because health is important and we can't survive without food :)

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I try to balance the two if I have enough money. Food is the more important of the two especially for the heavy eaters. Spending the chunk of money on food and left with little for clothes short of one's clothing needs is not correct. Clothes do have 'expiry date' or better put become faded and ought to be replaced. It's not decent to keep wearing clothes that have gone faded especially when meeting others.

13. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs Yeah. I mean, I don't think there's any way to compare. Clothes are superfluous things (although their importance has reached a high level by the fashion world)... While food is essential. ;)

@tallulah@tallulah Unfortunately this is something that will only have to live in our dreams. becaue se we live a society completely of the time of cavemen. :p

#13Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2017
  14. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I spend a ton of cash on food and just a few bucks on clothes. I'm not a stylish person, I'm okay with just shirts, jeans and sneakers. And I really don't like buying clothes that would cost me more than 3 dollars. Since I don't go out that much and I really do not like to go to such places where I need to dress up so I really do not buy fancy clothes. I do have some that I can wear occasionally.

15. kenzhoui25

kenzhoui25New Member

Threads:
    I buy foods impulsively more than clothes, so I spend more on foods than clothes. I'm okay with cheap clothes because I'm not really fashionable. I'm comfortable wearing just plain shirt, pants or shorts, and sneakers. As for foods, I spend all my money going to fancy restaurants and checking out all the foods they offer. I believe the choice depends upon what makes you happy. Foods make me happy so I spend more on foods.

16. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    @Kimika@Kimika In that respect, you practically described me. That was fun to read! :D I think money spent on food and travels are always the best ways to enjoy life. ;)

#16Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2017
  17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I spend on both and there is no comparison in between these two Food is your necessity but clothes after a certain limit are your choice. You spend on your clothes as much as you feel necessary or your style. So I don't think there is anyone can say I buy more or less when it comes to buying clothes.

18. Misty Jones

Misty JonesNew Member

Threads:
    A women should dress modestly and stylishly but it doesn't make sense to invest all your savings buying expensive jewelry and clothes. You should set a budget beforehand to update your wardrobe and avoid taking unforeseen financial hits.

19. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    In my observation (as well as experience as well), food is number one contributer to the expenses. You buy clothes and it will last months, however, you will have to buy food evert day, many times in a day. You can let go a desire to buy a new pair of jeans, however, you will have yo take that lunch, other wise your thinking capacity will be eaten by your hunger.

20. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    If that's the case @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit , we might get along really well LOL! I also agree with you about traveling though I haven't really went to a lot of places. If only I have the money, I would really love to travel a lot.... And eat a lot of course LOL!