Products Made Of China, Are They Inferior In Quality?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nakitakona • Nov 15, 2016.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Well said and I couldn't agree more.

China's products really are great and whenever I can, I try to convince people of it. This "concept" needs to stop (it looks like a child's tantrum)... People don't know what they are missing out on.

#21May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Like anything it just depends on a whole host of factors, that can vary quite a bit. I am not into the generalizing things, but I also bet that there is something to this, but again maybe it just depends.

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think Chinese products are inferior quality. Quality of Chinese products depend on how much you are paying for the product. Recently I bought a bra from China store, it cost me just about $2. I again bought a bra and paid $4 for the item. This was better quality, it was as good as the bra bought from the US that cost me $10.

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, there are many goods that are manufactured in China which are of substandard quality. It's like you buy them and use for a short while, then they cease to function properly and you have to dispose of them. I suspect that quality goods are also made in China. These goods are probably made to the specifications of some of the renowned brands because there are so many foreign companies which have outsourced some of their operations to China

5. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    In my opinion it really depends on the product and what factory/company is producing the certain product that comes out of the factory as a determinant factor as to whether it is good or not.The company determines how they manufacture their products and whether they are good or not. While the certain product being made can be tell how hard or easy it is to make it into a product that is not cheap or flimsy.

6. Gold Coin

Gold CoinNew Member

Threads:
    Buying local made locally is not wrong if our personal preferences tend to be that way in our own, personal economy. But I go to a bargain or $2 shops for arts and crafts, bottling jars, school items, things for the kitchen. I get cheap bargain deals.

7. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    China's products have improved in recent years. I believe that there is some sort of tier system. As much as a consumer would like to buy cheap products, we have to be realistic with our expectations. I have bought quite a number of electrical appliances made in China and have had no issues so far. I believe we need to do our due research on the Chinese brands and read reviews before making our purchases.

8. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Their products had many controversies from poisoning like the melamine milk and toxic toys. That is my biggest concern from them. I will still avoid buying their products for that reason. Also all the money they earn, their government use it to bully neighboring countries.

9. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    China is one of the most powerful countries at the moment and it's all thanks to it's economy, as for their products not all of them are low quality.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I still maintain that China's products have neither improved nor deteriorated but they make them as per the requirement of a specific country. I feel astounded looking at quality of products coming in Australia from China is so good compared to what I see in India. In India the products are considered worst but rates are lowest and in Australia even if the rates are still low but the quality of Chines is products is at par with the best.

11. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    Your point is definitely valid. The quality is dependent on the brand. Some brands may choose to cut cost by using materials which are not as good. The factories in China only process what they are being told to do. In fact, some brands have limited quality control causing a high probability for consumers to get products with defects.

12. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I beg to disagree on this notion that most Chinese products are of low standard. When I started using the mobile device, the first mobile device I used was made in China and totally I enjoyed the features that came with this phone and it also lasted for a number of years before it was stolen at a bar while I went to have a weekend time out and relax the body.

The reason I guess most consumers feel that most Chinese made products are of low quality is simply that of the price differences of these products when compared to products made in certain European countries. Honestly, that kind of assumption that since these products from China are cheap, they are made of low quality is a totally wrong way to compare. Some of these products that I used served me well.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you @Barida@Barida the Chinese manufacturers cater to all categories. They manufacture on mass production basis so keep the cost low besides they have dedicated cheap manpower at their disposal which go all out. However, when it comes to quality control they have some of the best products coming from China including electronics and mechanical products.

14. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. We get cheap Chinese goods in the market and there is a place in here which is famous for Chinese goods alone. There are so many streets which sells all kinds of Chinese goods from simple stationeries to big electronics. I don't prefer buying them because of the poor quality. But there are a lot of people who buy them to save money.

15. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    :):):),,,,, You remind me of a certain joke. It says that even the 'Made in China' stickers are made in Japan, that's why the sticker lasts longer than the product. However, I would like to think that that's all propaganda, meant do devalue Chinese products in the eyes of their consumers.

I have used a wide range of Chinese products, and I can assure anyone who would be interested that there's more than meets the eye. If taken care of properly, and used according to the manufacturer's instructions, then Chinese products are one of the best you could land your hands on.

Yes, I cannot completely rule out that there are some bugs, but I would like to believe that those are just some defectives that roll out of the industry, unnoticed. Generally, I love Chinese products and I believe they are worth every penny.

16. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    Most china products are believed to be of inferior quality. I don't mind the quality since the prices are worth the quality. Most china products are cheap and most people in developing countries can easily afford them.

17. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you! Most of the Chinese products that we get in India is of inferior quality but they are still bought largely by people looking for very very cheap deals and so that is what they get. People looking for better things and willing to spend more can get better quality products. But thing I am sure of is, if you buy a China made product, it is totally your luck if the product will last longer or breakdown early, there is absolutely no guarantee of it.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that some of the Chines products would not long even for a day especially electrical items but the dealers let you know that the products have no guarantee whatsoever. But at the prices the products are available at are unbelievably low so people do not mind them.

19. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    China has the same technology and materials than anywhere else in the world, so what makes them a competitive industry is the cheap labour.

Having this said, one can always buy top quality products in China, or inferior quality ones.

20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Very true, the chines manufacturers cater to all needs and all budgets and if a dealer asks them for a very low rate they have no option but to supply lower quality which may or may not last long.