Baking Soda Cleanser

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Rossy • Sep 5, 2017.

1. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    Did you know you can cheaply cleanse your face with a product from your kitchen? Well, you heard me right. Baking soda is a cleanser I would personally recommend. Not only does it shrink your pores but it does fix your skin's PH thus protecting you from problem skin.

2. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    That is true. Baking soda is an effective skin cleanser because sodium bicarbonate is a well-known neutralizer for acidic and bases substance. It is not just a good skin cleanser, it is also one of the best medicine that we have. So it is a guarantee that this product can help skin problems.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Many people had used it as a permanent replacement for toothpaste. It can clean teeth as good. My niece who have mint allergy uses baking soda because regular toothpaste will give her seizures due to her allergy. It saves her a lot of money at least because a box of baking soda last longer than a tube of toothpaste.

4. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information Rossy. I personally use baking soda for my hands. After cutting and chopping vegetables, washing up the dishes etc. my hands tend to get rough and also smelly when I chop onions and garlic. So I just rub a spoonful of baking soda with a few drops of lemon juice all over my hands and fingers and it really helps my hands become soft again. Also takes the smell of onions off.

5. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I have also read some articles on the net that speaks of the many great benefits and amazing applications of this household product. Though I have never tried nor see anyone recommending it personally, I do believe in the legitimacy of these articles and in the healing and cleaning properties of baking soda.

6. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used baking soda on my face. When I am using anything on my face, I need to see enough evidences on the benefits of that substance. I have heard people using baking soda to remove stain marks left after chopping vegetables. They say it cleans properly. I prefer to use lemon to clean my fingers. I also use lemon to cleanse my face.

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I keep a container of baking soda in the shower with all my shampoos and body washes. I use it on my face as a scrub by mixing just a bit of water with it and rub it all over my face. My face feels so clean afterwards. I try to leave it on my face while I wash the rest of me and this helps to soak up excess oils on my face. I like to mix it with my shampoo and it helps to lift the oils from my scalp and helps to deep clean my hair. My hair always has extra volume after I use it and my scalp feels so clean.

8. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I have used baking soda before as a cleanser and was definitely impressed by the results, i would recommend anyone to give it a try.

9. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Can I use baking soda on my face even when I have dry skin? I have never used it before as a cleanser for any body part. I have only used it to bake and to clean soiled areas in my kitchen and bathroom.I am really impressed with everyone agreeing that it's a great product. I will be sure to add it to my list of beauty home remedy. And for soft hands as well, yes please:)

10. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Brad Pitt already quits using soap. He uses Vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice and essential oil to clean his self. if a rich and famous guy can use this kitchen product to clean his whole body, I am pretty sure you can use it to your face.

11. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    You can actually use it for tooth whitening too

12. Rowzers

RowzersNew Member

Threads:
    I'm always so interested in home remedies and simple solutions at home. I've used baking soda and vinegar to clean old utensils but never on myself. I shall try those tips tonight. So from past posts, I read that its not only a good mask to drain excess oil from skin, but also a great exfoliating scrub. On top of this, people use it to brush their teeth, wash off bad smells from hands and soften hands. Nice! Thank you everyone!

13. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    @Rossy@Rossy how exactly can I use this as a cleanser? The skin on my face is really oily with visible pores whenever I don't use my face cream. I know baking soda is perfect for the teeth but I never knew it would work well for the skin.

I have a lot of baking soda that I only use to bake. It's interesting that I can actually use it for something else.

14. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    Baking soda is also a powerful anti-fungal agent. It kills yeast too.

9 years ago I developed a transient mild case of diabetes as a side effect of an antibiotic, called "Avelox". Long story short, the raised blood sugar was causing a fungal infection in my mouth known as Oral Thrush. I think it's common for babies to suffer from this infection, as well. The fungus present as white irregular patches on the inside of your cheeks and tongue. My grandmother told me cleanse my mouth with baking soda, she said mothers do it when their babies have thrush. I put some baking soda on a piece of cotton and rubbed it on the inside of my cheeks. 30 minutes later the infection was gone! Simply amazing!

I have also read that baking soda baths help women treat the symptoms of Vaginosis.

15. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, baking soda is good as a tooth cleaning method as well. You can also combine it with vinegar to clean things in the kitchen. It works very well and does a really good job cleaning baked on grease etc. It is one very helpful and very inexpensive compound.

16. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Is there a difference between baking soda and baking powder?

I also learned baking soda is good for treating nail fungus especially on the legs. Just soaking your feet in warm water mixed with baking soda everyday will be effective.

I have never tried it on my face but I will.

17. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Hello mildred, baking soda is made of only one ingredient which is sodium bicarbonate, whereas baking powder contains sodium bicarbonate as well as an acid called monocalcium phosphate and a second acid which is either sodium acid pyrophosphate or sodium aluminum sulfate. How they both is something that is a bit hard to explain!

18. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Yes i agree that it can be confusing and difficult sometimes to explain since the names are relatively the same and can be confusing.

19. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

Thanks for explaining this. I have ever used baking powder as a home remedy thinking it was baking soda. I guess we really don't have baking soda at home. I will look for it at the market and I also hope to find it.

20. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    What if the skin is dry type? Can I use baking soda on my dry skin? By the way, I use a mixture of honey and rose essential oils on my face as a cleanser. This also works as skin toner and moisturizer.