Swagbucks success.

Discussion in Online Shopping started by JessiFox • Nov 29, 2012.

1. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried quite a few different websites for ways to make a little extra money online, and Swagbucks is one of the best that I have tried. Understanding that it will generally take some time and effort to make money with sites like these, it is still one of the better ones. I earn swagbucks for browsing and doing searches online, playing games on their website, watching videos and of course the typical surveys and offers. Within the first month I had already earned enough to get a $50 Amazon gift card, and have earned many more since. There are quite a few options of things you can redeem your swagbucks for, but I prefer to stick to the gift cards myself. These include amazon and Paypal, among many others.

2. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I like Swagbucks too, but I only use it for searching. I don't play games or watch videos, etc. Still, I get about $10 per month for doing searches I would have done anyway. The search results aren't bad, though sometimes for very specific searches I have to switch to Google or DuckDuckGo because the Swagbucks search gives no results.

3. Joyce aka Nana

Joyce aka NanaNew Member

Threads:
    I also use Swagbucks and have gotten several Amazon gift cards with my Swagbucks. I don't get the Paypal because I think I get more bang for my buck with the Amazon gift cards. There are many other things you can save up your

for and get too. Gaming systems, TVs, music, games, posters, all kinds of stuff. I do most of my searching with Swagbucks and I get bucks that way, and there are many other ways you can get bucks each day. Some things you can just sign up for and they will give you Swagbucks for just signing up. It's a good program. I have been using it for about three years now.

4. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I have three very active referrals. Whenever they win points from searching, I win the same amount. It's awesome when I log into Swagbucks and already have points. I also do the Daily Poll and NOSO, which equal 3 points. I use the Swagbucks SBTV app on my iPhone throughout the day and gain the daily limit of 50 points. While I am at work, I use Swagbucks to search, watch videos (and the music video ones are great since I can listen to music while getting points). When I have time, I'll do some of the Special Offers that require just video watching - it's only 1 or 2 points, but those sure add up. I also use the coupons occasionally; they are the same as www.DontPayFull.com, but if you print it off Swagbucks, you get 10 points when the coupon is redeemed.

I get the $5 Amazon gift cards. As soon as the gift cards post, I'll go and put the $5 into my Amazon.com gift card balance, so it's ready for me whenever I need it. I buy a lot of things off of Amazon.com, so this is the best gift card to redeem. If I earn enough points to get 5 of those cards in one month, then I'll start saving up for the $5 Paypal. The Paypal gift cards obviously cost more, but it's essentially cash.

5. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I've also had a lot of success with swagbucks. But I typically just go for cash to my paypal. I've earned over $300 this year. Not a bad little side income from the time commitment required.

6. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for posting this information about this site. I had read online somewhere that one could earn with Swagbucks, but when I went to the site and signed up, it seemed just a bit much for me. Perhaps I will give it another chance and see if I like it better now than I did when I first signed up.

I think that when I signed up awhile ago, I earned a few points for doing something, I forget what now, but I did not redeem the points. I plan to go back to that site, check out how many points I possibly have, and delve into the site a little deeper than I did the first time around.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have dabbled with Swagbucks a couple of times but I have never spent long enough on it to earn anything, but I know of several people who have earned enough to get some decent rewards. I always tried the search feature. :)

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I only ever use it for the occasional search that will get me points.

How much time do you spend on the site? Have you found any methods that seem to gain you more points than others? I have tried playing the games and never earned anything at all, for example.

9. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Any time I am on the computer, I usually have Swagbucks open in the browser. If I'm searching, I'll use Swagbucks instead (though, I must admit that Google's searching is far superior). If I'm bored, I'll watch some videos or watch music videos (instead of using Pandora or opening up my iTunes). Watching videos probably gives me the most points. They just came out with an iPhone app - SBTV. When I'm commuting to/from work, I'll watch some videos and get some points that way.

10. AlexMcLeod01

AlexMcLeod01New Member

Threads:
    It surprises me that, with all of these good comments, I've only ever heard negative things about Swagbucks until now. I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Really? I have never seen anything bad about them, so mine is the opposite surprise. What negative things did you hear about Swagbucks?

12. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised also because I've only heard positive things about them. Granted you won't make much money, but they are a legitimate site and I can vouch that they always payout.

I used to try and farm swagbucks but now I only use it occasionally, only making about $10/month

13. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have only heard good things about Swagbucks but have never tried it myself. I don't usually do a lot of shopping on Amazon but that does seem to be the best way to go when using Swagbucks. I would prefer the PayPal option and I think that is why I haven't tried it yet. I do think that it would be a good way for me to get next year's Christmas presents by ordering them from Amazon. I'll have to get started with it after the holidays are over.

14. ryels

ryelsNew Member

Threads:
    I'm glad to hear that people are having success with Swagbucks. I tried it awhile back, but didn't think I was earning fast enough. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. I think I'll give it another shot. Thanks!

15. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    This was actually my approach this year. When I first started Swagbucks, I would save up for the $5 Paypal gift cards, which were 700 SBs. The $5 Amazon gift cards are only 450 SBs, but I thought, at the time, it was better to get straight cash. I started realizing that I purchase many things off of Amazon, so I thought, "I thought just get these." The more I was redeeming (since it was now going so much faster because of the point difference), I saw how my gift card balance was adding up. Around the summertime, I decided to stop spending my gift cards and basically hoard as many gift cards as possible until December. Between Swagbucks and some other sites/apps, I have over $100.00 in Amazon gift cards, which means a bulk of my Christmas shopping is paid for.

16. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I love swagbucks! I have never heard anything bad about them. I always get the $5 amazon gift cards and I've been able to get so much stuff for free!!!! The new swagbucks tv app on my phone is cool too.

17. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have had success with Swagbucks. It is a bit slow to accumulate money but the effort is so minimal I find that it's still worth it anyway. The only complaint I have is that they seem to take a very long time to pay out. Sometimes as long as 11 days, and never sooner than 9 for me.

18. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a member of swagbucks as well and i love it all i do is search, play games, offers and the poll and still i am up to almost 10 thousand which is good for a 100 bucks in my paypal about to get ready to cashout on them i like them because other sites you need like 100 thousand points to get a 100 bucks but this one with only 5 thousand you can get 50 bucks it's a lot faster and more fun than any other site i have ever been a part of def one of my favorites.

19. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I agree. The Swagbucks SBTV app for my iPhone has really helped me accumulate points. It's really easy to watch videos throughout the day and reach the 50 SB daily limit. For instance, I watch videos during my commute to and from work, use it to listen/watch music videos while I'm at work, and watch some videos about food if I need inspiration while I'm making dinner. I've gathered a lot of $5 Amazon gift cards, which, I think, is the best deal that they have.

20. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. Swagbucks is a great service for making a little bit of extra money... except that I only really have time to do the searches (since I do searches pretty often anyway) and I make a lot more with bing searches than I do with swagbucks searches.