Dollar Tree

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by judyd1 • Jul 28, 2016.

1. judyd1

judyd1New Member

Threads:
    I'm very disappointed in our local Dollar Tree!

I know inventory varies by store location, but I made a special trip today to use some of the newer coupons. I used the Coalgate Toothpaste 3 oz or larger (mine was 4 oz) and the $1 Bic for any stationery product and the cashier told me that neither one matched the product!

I don't think she was going by the picture, because the cash register did "beep".. I can only assume that whoever coded the items/coupons into the computer missed something.

I went across the street to the Dollar General and used the Bic coupon--the product didn't match the picture, so I wasn't sure what would happen. But it worked fine! Has anyone else had this experience with Dollar Tree?

I may check out the next closest Dollar Tree in Paris, TX to see if it's any better.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never tried to use coupons at Dollar Tree. I do love shopping there however. I just so wish they had one in this community. The closest Dollar Tree is about 45 minutes away, so I don't get their often. It is really the best place to shop for a lot of things when you are on a budget. I like the store alot. I think it is one of the things that we can always look at and have fun with.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really can't complain about Dollar Tree. I always manage to find some good deals. I don't usually try to use coupons there though, so I don't have much experience in that regard. I rarely have any on hand that would work.

I do know people that use coupons. They seem to do pretty well with them. One person I know even had a $1.00 off coupon for Excedrin, so she got it for free. I was kind of surprised that they would do that. Some stores don't like to let you get an item free.

It may have been programmed in wrong, or it may not have been an exact match. If I were concerned about it, I would have asked for a manager's assistance. Maybe Dollar General is more lenient about matching.

4. MVLaHearse

MVLaHearseNew Member

Threads:
    I used to work at Walgreens and we kept having that issue too. We knew the coupons were for that product but they wouldn't go through. Finally the managers went through the inventory and the distributors had coded some of the products wrong. The coupons were fine. That's probably why you could use the coupon at the other store. It can depend on the batch delivered. I'm glad you got to use the coupons even if you had to go to another store. Bad coupons are way more of a pain. Hopefully, they get that issue with their products fixed.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Dollar Tree; but I have never tried using coupons there either. I usually only use digital coupons, ant those are mostly only for tores where youu have some kind of a loyalty card, and can load the coupon onto the card.
    One good thing about that is that once you load it on the card, then it should be the right coupon for the item, unless it is something where you can pick up the wrng size or something like that.
    Many of the items at Dollar Tree are worth more than the dollar that they charge for everything; however, sometimes the exact same item might be cheaper at Walmart, so it is always good to check if you are shopping at both places.

6. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I like Dollar Tree and have used coupons there, they are kind of picky about coupons I think, but my Dollar Tree is pretty good about them. Every dollar tree store coupon policy is different, I would suggest going to your local dollar tree and ask to speak the the manger and ask what their store coupon policy is, they should be able to give you more details of why it didn't work.

7. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I never tried using coupons at Dollar Tree and in fact, I didn't even know they accepted coupons. But Dollar Tree is a great little store. You can save a lot of money there. I like their sourdough nugget pretzels, but my favorite buy there is sunglasses and reading glasses. Amazing that they can sell those for $1. I buy several pair at a time. They work great!!