Requesting Coupons From Favorite Companies

Discussion in Make a Specific Deal/Coupon Request started by PunkinPie • Mar 20, 2015.

1. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    Did you know that if you take the time to contact your favorite companies and request a coupon a lot of times they will come through on your request? Its true! Most corporations will respond to your emails or letters with a response and sometimes a coupon for money off or even a free product!

The first step is to think of your favorite brands, especially the ones that you don't seem to see coupons or offers for very often. Go to their website and find their contact information. Email or regular mail would be best. Make sure and express your satisfaction with their product and touch on all the reasons why you like them more than the "other guy". Also include your dissatisfaction for their lack of coupons or promotions. Let them know that you prefer to shop for products that offer coupons and that you have noticed that they don't seem to offer printed or newspaper coupons. Explain to them that you do like to be loyal to the companies and brands you love most but it makes it hard when their competition is pushing coupons and offers in every area possible.

It might not work 100% of the time but it is always worth a try. Companies do appreciate ideas, reviews and advice and will reward you when they can. Here's hoping this will help you score some good deals down the road! Let me know if you have any success!

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's always worth asking! It costs nothing to send an email and I've had several coupons as a result of sending complimentary messages. I often ask for coupons for new products too - saying it looks good and I'd really like to try it out. Best of luck!

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They don't do it as often because the show Extreme Couponing ruined it. I used to get great high value coupons just for giving sincere feedback to my favorite companies. But then some chick on Extreme Couponing bragged about how she got $56 worth of diaper coupons for writing to the company. Everyone started doing it, now many of the companies just say thank you and invite you to follow them on Twitter.

4. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    True. That show ruined A LOT of things for average everyday couponers like myself. I don't have one store here locally that doubles coupons at all. Its very sad. I most like to ask for coupons from companies that don't seem to mass distribute coupons regularly. Best Foods Mayo never seemed to put coupons out. I requested some one and got a good response. Now they seem to put more coupons out in the newspapers.

5. Trisha Wagner

Trisha WagnerNew Member

Threads:
    I have done this before and ended up with some great coupons. The problem I have had is it takes a lot of time and energy to do.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I gave some compliments to a company...and they were happy, but they wanted extra information to reward the specific department. I was like sigh..I wasn't doing it to get coupons..but I think one feedback letter was enough. I have only gotten coupons if I have complained about a defective product. I don't make a habit of that...only if there is something really amiss.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop at Kroger, and they actually keep track of what products I purchase, and then each month they send out coupons for those items. Some are for a good discount, and a few of them will be for a free product.
    I have never had any other store that sent out coupons personally detailed for product that I usually buy, and I really like this service that Kroger does.
    To get the coupons, all you have to do is go to their webpage and make an account there, using your Kroger card, and then they will send out the coupons in the mail each month.
    They also have a free item that they give you each week on Friday. You have to download the item to your Kroger card on Friday, and then you have about two weeks time that you can actually get the free item from the store.

8. cnt422

cnt422New Member

Threads:
    I've never thought of this as an option. I frequent many discount sites and sometimes it's hard to know which ones are legit. Theoretically, contacting companies directly will make it so you know exactly where your coupons are coming from. This is definitely a smart strategy for saving.

9. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I like this idea alot. Buttering up the companies,eh? I have never thought to write to a company to get some coupons. It has been forever since I have seen that show extreme coupon because we don't have cable anymore. I should have guessed the show would ruin things for the average customer. I sometimes do little reviews on ebay but almost never on amazon.

10. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:

Yes I have contacted companies to tell them how much I liked their products and received coupons. I know one company actually has online surveys with special projects. I signed up for it and I get points that can be converted to cash. I also contact companies when I am dissatisfied with a product. For instance, I contacted the makers of Finish detergent for the dishwasher. Some of them were struck together. They sent me several coupons to compensate for my inconvenience.

11. judyd1

judyd1New Member

Threads:
    I am just now getting into couponing because of the site KrazyCouponLady....and they have some YouTube videos out, too. It's pretty cool. So, this past weekend I went to buy a newspaper, and all Walmart carries is the Dallas Newspaper--it's ....gasp! ...$3 now.

Anyway, I like the krazycouponlady site because they will put all the coupons and deals together for your local stores. I've already found some freebies which I will be picking up tomorrow. It's so much fun--and to know that I can shave 40 to 50% off our families' grocery budget is very important to me right now.

12. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    I like the idea of using coupons; but when I have them, I often forget to use them when I am in the store, or even forget to take them to the store with me.
    The digital ones that I can load onto a layalty card work the very best; but not everywhere has that kind of coupon available. The Dollar General also has digital ones that you can use and they will load onto the checkout just by putting in your phone number.
    Does anyone know of other stores that have the digital coupons ?
    It seems like most of the couponing sites make you print out the coupons, and that is just such a time-consuming ordeal !

13. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I used to do this. The best coupons I've ever gotten have been the ones where I wrote to the company. You know a lot of coupons that you find in the newspaper circular or online, you most likely have to buy two or three of the product to get the deal. However, whenever I wrote to companies, I could get several coupons that were $.50-$1.00 off and all I had to buy was one product. I also would get a lot of coupons that had no expiration date on them, I still have coupons from certain companies that I received 10 years ago.

14. southerngal

southerngalNew Member

Threads:
    I used to do this all of the time. Now I don't do it so much.
    I agree with what others said - that Extreme Coupon show ruined it for us.
    While I used to get coupons for free products by doing this, now I only get .50 coupons.

It's still a good idea to complain if you are not satisfied with a product. They will usually compensate you for that.

15. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure the extreme coupon show hasn't helped anything, but I also think that these days, it's all about the apps. Everybody and their grandma wants you to download an app (I'm not a big fan of this, because I consider them to be too invasive/intrusive, but many people score good deals this way).

There are often specific deals that are only applicable to those who use the app, so it might be worth while to check it out for your favorite stores. Some restaurants do this as well. I know someone who has one for Sonic and gets offers every so often for discounts on food. They have offers like 79 cent cheeseburger day and stuff.

16. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    Since I am signed up with Kroger and have their loyalty card, I can download all of their digital coupons; but I also receive a mail-out set of coupons directly from Kroger. The coupons are based on the products that I usually buy; so it is directly connected to my personal shopping habits. For instance, I almost always buy their private collection whole wheat varieties of bread, so when I get the coupons, there is always one for that kind of bread in there.
    I do go through the coupons when I get them; but then I often forget to put them in my purse, or don't remember that I have them until I have finished checking out and already paid for everything.
    I totally love the digital ones because they are on the card, and all I have to do is show them the card to scan and any products I have bought with a coupon are automatically discounted.
    They also have the Senior discount right on the card, so when I shop there on Wednesdays, I always get the discount, and do not have to remember to tell them and ask for the discount.

17. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I was not really aware that you could do this until just recently. I have not really tried it yet but I have looked into it, and it seems pretty easy enough to me. There are some stores where you will not find much though.