Who Here Will Only Shop On One Site?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Jeanbean • Jul 12, 2016.

1. ad.mike2016

ad.mike2016New Member

Threads:
    I have loyalty to Amazon as well. I can't even think of the last time I bought anything from anywhere else online. Amazon is just so user friendly and the delivery time is unparalleled. I usually get my delivery in two business days. Another reason I don't use any other sites is that Amazon literally sells anything you could need, there is no reason to use another website. I am pretty sure you will find that most people use Amazon exclusively for most things.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I have broken my two site tradition. Usually I will only shop on Ebay or Amazon, but I have been ordering a lot of supplements recently, in addition with a diet change. And some of the prices are just way too expensive on both of these sites. I was forced to make purchased from a site called Iherb, which have much better prices.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to use iherb when I took supplements. Great prices. Over all that now though. I only use b12 now which is cheap as heck anywhere.

4. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lucky you!! You should have told me about Iherb before. You now owe me money ;) I cannot believe how great the prices are :) The whole time I was spending £20 for 60 capsules. The shipping is a bit expensive, I am finding. But overall, they don't use those annoying trick that Amazon do with the whole add on item thing? Is it just me who fucking hates the whole add-on item thing, where you cannot buy it by itself?

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Add-on item? Don't think I've noticed, but then, I've hardly used Amazon unless for specific items. In cart, check out, done lol. Maybe it's just me that doesn't think their prices are anything special. With the exception of some books, of course.
    Your cheque is in the mail lol...

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yeah, they have this add-on item feature, where you can get an item for cheaper than it otherwise would be, but you cannot buy it by itself. You have to buy it with other stuff that amounts to £20 overall. What the fuck? All I want is one freaking item, and all I want to spend is like £6, which was the price of the item. But no, I have to add other items to the price of £20, otherwise it doesn't let you cashout out. Amazon's prices REALLY aren't anything special.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely don't do that because I feel to be loyal to one site may mean I'm missing out on some good bargains LOL I really like to shop around to ensure that I'm getting good value for my money. However, I have a feeling that if I could, I would shop almost exclusively on Amazon because it's like a one-stop shop for virtually everything. I often go on the site just to browse and wish I could shop for various items. But of course, most of the sellers on there don't ship to Botswana!! It's very frustrating because they do ship to neighbouring South Africa and I think Zimbabwe too. I'm not sure what the rationale behind not shipping to Botswana is because I honestly feel they're missing a trick.

8. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Like a lot of other people, I shop exclusively on Amazon. I was hesitant about online shopping when I first started, but I trust them now and I'm not sure about other sites. I don't usually shop online, but I like getting my textbooks for my classes on Amazon. They're often way cheaper than at the campus bookstore. I also use Amazon to buy birthday presents for friends and family that don't live nearby. I like that the gift option is there and yeah.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    when it comes to me having to spend money, loyalty doesn't exist. The goal is to spend as less money as possible. So if I am used to buying something from one place, and it is better priced or has a better deal elsewhere, see ya lol. I don't think twice, and I think that is the smart way to do things.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Absolutely the smart thing. It's not like they're loyal to us! Lol. These days the majority doesn't have the luxury to just throw down money on what they need without thought of the competition. You have to look around because they aaaaall take advantage and aaaaall hike their prices exorbitantly and unnecessarily. It's kinda sick lol... you have to shop around if your money matters.

11. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer buying in one site which is kind of a national site named MercadoLibre, you can buy anything from there without moving away from your house, it's pretty much like Amazon, but it's obviously littler and simpler, however, when it comes to international purchases then I prefer Amazon over any other site.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    Especially when it comes to certain brands, who will lie about what is in their products :/ They aren't loyal. Their goal is to make as much money as possible, and my goal is to spend as less money as possible, for the best product that that money will buy. I wish my money didn't matter, but it really does, so I have to shop around. I have gotten headaches in the past shopping around for things, and had to take a break.

13. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I use 2 main sites. Amazon and Walmart.com. I occasionally use others but these are by far and away the main two. I too, use Amazon Prime and consider i a great way to shop. Walmart.com is very competitive with Amazon and even Amazon Prime. They have a huge variety of items, not just what you see in the store, and a great 2 day shipping deal. I barely have need to go anywhere beyond these two places!

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A girl after my own heart LOL I mean, why should we stay loyal to one retailer when they don't have that same loyalty from them hehe? I also love to shop around for bargains to ensure I get value for my money. Every little helps! Luckily for me, while this is something of a chore to most, I thoroughly enjoy it :) My mum and dad in-law very rarely shop around and will almost always stick to the same stores out of habit. I just don't get it at all!

15. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The only site I will shop from currently online is Amazon. Though, it isn't because it has the best deals or exactly what I want to buy. I only go on Amazon simply because I have prime. Getting your item in two business days is nothing something to sneeze at.

16. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    I really think that Walmart will never be like Amazon because they do not ship internationally, it's going to reach Amazon's quality once they start shiping internationally just as Amazon does, otherwise, they're done.

17. ashley0323

ashley0323Member

Threads:
    I use to only shop online, though I shop a lot in store now. I am so impatient when it comes to waiting for items I have bought. Yet, I love coming home with tons of bags of random stuff to put away or try out! lol Sometimes you just cant beat prices online though!

18. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes it's better to buy from local shops because you never know when your package is going to come empty or probably the shipping cost will be the same if you buy it from the local, everything has to be taken into account when it comes to doing this sort of thing, more especially if we're talking about our money.

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    All of the deals that a lot of these companies afford us are designed specifically to hook loyalty. I will never be loyal. They don't actually care about the customer. They only care about whether or not you will spend money with them, which is why when I find out anything untoward about any specific company, I stop buying their products.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any particular shop loyalty, I always shop where there is a good deal or where there is free shipping. Since I don't live in the US, buying from Amazon is costly, since shipping can be expensive, so I mostly just buy on Ebay or other sites that offer free shipping, or from local sites over here.