What Are Some Of The Best Ways To Get Free/heavily Discounted Products To Review?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by annacath • Aug 15, 2016.

1. annacath

annacathNew Member

Threads:
    I've just started using various websites to review products on Amazon and have also been signed up to betabound for a bit now.

I'm having fun doing the Amazon reviews but I feel like a lot of the products are worth what I'm actually paying for them.

Does anybody have any tips on getting into some "better" betas / product reviews?

Right now I'm signed up on three or four different sites that I check daily for new products but I feel like I want more and better.

Anyway, just wanted to see what everyone else was doing and if they had any good input, or knew of sites I might not be aware of that had some really Neat products to review.

Thanks!

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also signed up for several of the review websites; but the one that I think has the best product offers is called Amazon Review Trader. They seem to have a good selection of items coming up every day, and we have purchased several good items to try and then review the item.
    Another one that I like is called Review Kick, which also seems to have a fairly good selection of products to review.
    Of course, you might not get to review every item that you apply for, but it is at least worth trying.
    What other sites are good ones that reviewers use ?

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So this is how those reviewers managed to get their products. I always wondered how they got them, when I need them and have to fork out money I don't have for them, and I still receive an email expecting me to leave a review lol. I shall be signing up. Thanks for the information.

4. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    You will be glad that you did, @DreekLass@DreekLass ! Like everyone else, I have seen the reviews that said the person received the product either free, or at a discount in exchange for giving an honest review, and wondered how they managed to get those products that way.
    I have been leaving reviews on a regular basis for the last few years because we always buy a lot of items from Amazon. Now that I have learned how to get most of the items at a big savings, I am able to make my Social Security check stretch a whole lot further, and even to purchase items that would have not been in my budget at all.
    We have been getting most of our vitamins and health supplements for free, or maybe a dollar or two, plus cheap clothing, and household items, like the pickling lids that I just wrote about on here yesterday.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The main one I use right now is Pinch Me. I don't have Amazon Prime, and can't afford to pay shipping fees for the many products, so I don't currently use any of those sites, but I will definitely consider them in the future, if I subscribe to Amazon Prime. Pinch Me pays the shipping, and sometimes the products are full size, or the coupons are for full size versions. I particularly enjoy the pet products, because that saves me a little money. The other products are nice to get, since it gives me a way to try new items for free. Their review process is quite easy, only requiring a small blurb of up to 50 words, I believe, which is easy enough for any of us to do.

I also occasionally will do product trials for other companies. I just finished one about a hair conditioner that I really enjoyed. The only issue I have with those is that they don't tell me the brand/type of the product, and I've really liked the products, and would purchase them if I had that information, but since the trial is blind, they don't provide that information.

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    I must admit, I am not a fan of those reviews and feel like I can't really trust what they are saying, and I am often deterred from purchasing products that have lots of reviews from people who received the item for free. But I would not mind getting products in exchange for a review at all, even if I don't need the product lol.

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also sometimes leery of these types of reviews, particularly for expensive products. I figure that if someone gets a free sample of a lotion, soap, food, etc., he or she probably won't be too married to the company in terms of loyalty, but if the item is a top of the line range, stand mixer, television set, computer, vehicle, etc., they have much more of a vested interest in giving a positive review. I try to be pretty well rounded with my reviews, but I've yet to try a product I didn't care for, so it's hard to say how I'd handle one that was really horrible.

8. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    I have to say that I totally agree about wondering about the validity of the reviews when the product was either free or discounted.
    However, now I have a different perspective.
    Since I was writing reviews both before I started getting the discounts, and also now that I am geting them, I can say objectively that my reviews are just the same as they ever were.
    I still evaluate each product and write what I see as benefits or drawbacks of the item. From reading other reviews, I believe that hs is also true of most other reviewers as well.
    Here is where I think the difference lies, and that is with people who probably did NOT write reviews before, and now only write them because that is how they get discounted products.
    Those people are not even really concerned about what they actually think about the product, and are only wriiting whatever comes to mind in order to keep qualifying for more products.
    It is pretty easy to spot those reviewers, the reviews look fakey, and not like they really are evaluating the product.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    If it is an expensive product, or a product that I am shopping for for my health, I am always extremely wary of these types of reviews, and they do nothing to quell my fears about the product not being right for me, or not being effective. Hopefully most are like you and care to give honest reviews.

10. annacath

annacathNew Member

Threads:
    But some people would like to received it unless they need that. Lol

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well this is where I am slightly confused. How does it work exactly. I assume that people toss their name in the hat to receive certain products in exchange for a review? I have been looking at a lot of supplements recently, and that have a lot of these exchange reviews. They are the kind of products that you don't gamble upon getting. Your body either needs them or it doesn't.

12. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    I have found that the Amazon Review Trader has about the best offers for supplements, and if you check there on a regular basis, you should be able to find whatever kind you are looking for. There are actually several places that offer the discounts on products, and you can usually get things for at least half price, and sometimes cheaper, or even free.
    I have really been happy to find some of the supplements that we use, and be able to get them for a reduced price. Since I always write a review for any products we buy on Amazon anyway, it is nice to get the discounts in exchange for writing the reviews.

13. annacath

annacathNew Member

Threads:
    Have no idea of how it work exactly. But the item with discount will be more appreciate than we found in some deal website. Lol

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    My goal with this whole review exchange thing would be to get my hands on items that I actually need or want, and get them in exchange for a review, or get them at a discounted price in exchange for a review. I don't care about products that I don't need. Of course, you could get them at discounted prices and then sell them again for full price.

15. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    This is of course, going to depend on what you want to get, @DreekLass@DreekLass ; but I have found all sorts of things that we wanted. It is not the same as just going to the store or website and ordering something, but there are new items every day, and in all kinds of catagories. The best thing would be to check out the Amazon Review Trader website, and then you can see what kinds of things they have available at this point in time.
    There are items that sell for over $1,000 and on sale for 60% or more off, and all the way down to items that are free.
    I check every day and see what new items are available. When you find somthing you want, then you ask to review it. Since they only allow so many discounted items of each kind, then you wait and see if they approve you to get the item and review it.
    While this is never going to replace just going to the store and buying what you need, it IS a good way to get some things that you would like to have and haven't been able to afford at the regular price.

16. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I like elitedealclubs for discounted products through amazon. I get order products once a month, the great thing about them is you have to give an honest review and they encourage it. I have always gave honest reviews. The site give you a coupon code that you use on the products. If you do not have prime make sure that you order total is over 49.99 before the coupons and you can get free shipping. I take it a step future and do bing searches to get amazon gift cards (I get a 5 dollar one about once a month) and add it to my account that way I hardly ever pay anything for my products usually I get them all free becasue I use gift cards I earn elsewhere to pay the extra that is left over after the coupons are taken off.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yay. Someone who has experience with this. Thank you for clearing it up for me :) So from my understanding, you are the one who selects what discounted products you want. Lovely advice, and I will definitely be signing up. Is there an approval process to be accepted to their site?

18. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    Amazon Review Trader is open for anyone to sign up, and there are several others, like Elite Deals, and Review Kick, which are also open to anyone to sign up.
    Once you are using the site, then you show them the proof that you are writing the reviews each time you purchase a product through that website.
    ART actually grades you on the length of your reviews, and also on how many you do; so as you have more reviews done, your status will improve, and you will get chosen for more reviews.
    Every day, I look to see if any of my choices have been accepted, and purchase the ones that have. Then, as I receive each order from Amazon, I write the review, and post the permalink on the website, so that it shows I have actually purchased and reviewed the product.
    I do a mix of free items and ones that I have to pay for, and fund it by the surveys and other online cash-earning ventures.
    You can choose catagories to search ( cameras, sports, household, etc) or you can just browse through everything and see the things that are new each day.
    So, whichever method you prefer, you can set it up to do that.
    I would suggest signing up for one at first, and seeing how it all works, and then sign up for other similar ones.

19. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well thank you. I really like the short and simple, right-to-the-point answers, and we certainly have one here. I have heard of Amazon Review Trader but have not really looked too much into it, but the others ones are really new to me. I have been meaning to explore this idea a little more, and now I really have some solid places to start. Thank you again for sharing.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    I signed up and have been approved for one free item, but I think the seller is a scammer. I am being rejected from all of the other products, both free and paid it seems. It is very frustrating. Then I later found out that ART is not supported nor endorsed by Amazon themselves, and that Amazon are banning users who are operating under ART. ART are doing nothing to help the reviewers, and they won't even respond. I think I might have to give this a miss overall.