Paying Utility Bills Online Or By Mail?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by kamai • Oct 19, 2016.

1. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I usually pay my bills in person at a small store very near my house I find that it's the safest and easiest way to do it. I have seen options to pay them online but I really wouldn't know how trustworthy the process might be. A few years ago the main way to get my bills paid was through mail, I felt unsafe that way since some mail did get lost.

How do you pay your bills and do you trusts that method?

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I pay my bills offline and vary rarely pay it online. But I haven’t tried it through mail and no idea about how it actually works. But sometimes when deadline is very close by I also pay bills online. It is very convenient and fast. But as you said there is a risk of losing your sensitive information on net. I entered all due dates in my calendar which keeps on reminding me whenever they are due. I set it 2-3 days before the due date so that I can pay well in advance.

The best part is that while trying to pay offline I can do it conveniently as nowadays most people do it online so there is no rush. Gone are the days when we have to wait in long queues to pay the bill.

3. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I pay all I can in person or drop box (I live in a small town and they have drop boxes), then the ones I have to pay online I do (there are a few for me that only can be paid online). I really like handing the cash over and getting a receipt right there, knowing it is paid, many times when I have tried to pay them online before it took DAYS for the money to even come out of the account, on bill took over a week...so I stopped that!

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pay all of my bills online as much as possible. I have also mailed checks, before paying online became so much easier; but sometimes checks get lost, and then you have to go down and pay cash, and then pay a bank fee to cancel the first check. After that, you might decide that writing checks is not such a good idea.
    Then, I would drive down to the company and pay the bill, either by check or cash, but sometimes something happened and I forgot to get down to the office in time, or I had car trouble and couldn't get there at all.
    When I pay online, I know it is done, I can see what time of the month it is coming due, and then just pay in it a few minutes. If it is a bill that changes every month, such as electricity, then I don't like it to be just automatically deducted; because I want to know how much the bill is before i pay it.
    When it is something that stays the same, like an insurance payment, then I am fine with an automatic deduction.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Over here in my country you can pay your bill in the nearest mall, since most companies now have tie-ups with them to facilitate convenience in paying bills. We also have what is known as "Bayad ("pay" in English) Center" and you can also pay your water, cable and electricity there just like in the mall, so from my end I don't even need to look into paying bills online since paying them in person is walking distance only for me.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    It's more convenient and time saving to pay online if you have the trusted site where the payment can be made. It's time consuming for me to go to the local office and have to wait for my turn before I can be attended to. I enjoy doing such payments fast online.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I would want to pay my bills online so I don't need to go out just to pay them. I think it's less hassle and more convenient when you pay your bills online since you can do it at the convenience of your home without waiting in queue. Unfortunately, I still have to go out to pay my bills in light of the fact that most billers in our place does not accept online payment or they don't have these facilities yet. But I hope they will soon because it can be very helpful to their customers as well as to them.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our utility bills for electricity and water are paid via online. It is very convenient because all you have to do is to enroll so you can supply your credentials and personal details and afterwards, you just click on some buttons and the bill is paid via credit card. In the olden days, we used to go to the office and fall in line to the cashier for payment. Now, we can pay the utility bills even when I am in the office.

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I almost always pay my utility bills online, with the exception of my water/trash collection bill. For some reason, I always have difficulty with that site, and despite writing down the password it never works, so I end up calling and paying it over the phone. There's no additional cost for paying over the phone, and the clerks are nice, so it's not an issue. My electric and water bill payments go through immediately, but I have noticed that my gas bill payment always takes several days, so I have to take that into account when I plan when to pay the bill, because if I wait until the last minute, I end up with a late charge.

10. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am used to pay my postpaid CP bill through an agency like the Globe center and through the bank like BDO in person. I was once tried paying the bill via online or Internet. However, I was a bit apprehensive for it seems that it is very risky. I noticed there was a high service fee which is charged from y debit card. So I would rather prefer to pay it thru a Bayad Center, Globe Center or the authorized Bank.

11. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    These days, I pay the bills online.
    It was not the case even a few months back. Our government systems were not that efficient to keep the records up to date. Often their servers used to remain down owing to which online payment was a hassle. Once even happened that the authority cut our electricity line as my submission of payment did not get entered into their system. After that, I decided to pay the bills personally. However, off late the system has become efficient and I'm paying the bill online now.

12. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I pay my bills offline in person and I think it is actually more easuer and convinient too.

I still recharge my dish tv connection through online though. I find that to be convinient since they are situated far away physically then my location. Saves on energy or fuel.

13. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I pay most of my bills using a bank account I opened for this purpose. I don't have to provide details of my financial information nor enroll the payment method with the service providers. It's convenient because I can enroll any listed utility company in seconds and the provider's account number is saved and can be easily accessed for future payments. Our water provider, however, does not accept online payments so I have to pay my bill at a supermarket which is more convenient than paying it at their office.

14. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have mail service for paying utility bills. However,there is online system for utility bill payments. You can pay to your service provider directly, or use third party service to pay your utility bills. If you are using third party, you will have to pay service charge.

15. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I pay my bills through my phone. It's not online, our network providers designed a system where I can deposit money to my simcard and withdraw whenever I want. I can then access this cash and pay my bills to various companies as long as I have their paybill numbers. I pay all my bills this way and it's very efficient.

16. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I pay online because I won't waste money riding a bus or driving my car just to pay my utility bill. I don't need to spend some cash for fare or oil just to pay my bills.

@

I think your country have an option for online payment because all countries have it. All you need to do is to enroll your bank account.