Have You Ever Won A Big Contest?

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by kamai • Oct 18, 2016.

1. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I myself have never won a big contest except for very little ones. Such as a few bucks or kitchen items, the most I have won is five dollars worth. I have entered contests to win a car or a large amount of money but no luck at all. I have given up entering contests because I always seem to have rotten luck. I guess I'm not meant to win anything big.

2. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I've been noticed for outperforming others in things but I wouldn't say I've won anything relatively big. I don't really join a lot of things because I'm naturally a pessimist/realist so I think about the odds of me winning something and it's not usually worth the price.

3. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    People don't consider this as a big prize for a contest but yes I guess. We have this friendly office competition wherein if you've become the top earner or the best employee of a quarter you get to ear gadgets like laptops that costs around US$500-$2000. I was actually able to get an accumulated amount of $4000 just by winning the competition. Another thing I consider big would be getting promoted as an officer instead of just being a regular employee.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @kamai@kamai I don't think it means you don't have good luck. It just means you have to keep at it. I've won a few things. I have posted elsewhere on this forum about my wins. I've never won anything huge yet, but I know it's coming. The largest prize I've won was a piece of furniture, and I've also won $1,000 and a smart phone, as well as a variety of smaller items. I enter contests and sweepstakes daily, and consider that time to be an investment. I don't spend all day at it, but I do devote a half hour to an hour on it most days. @biege@biege That sounds like fun. I'd definitely be working at that if I had a program like that available.

5. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    It sure is fun. I guess that's the main reason why I'm still working with them for more than eight years now despite how stressful working with this company. :D

6. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I wonder if they realize how much of a difference something like that can make the employment experience for employees? There are benefits that don't need to cost a whole lot for the companies, but can really incentivize employees. Years ago I worked for an energy company. I didn't have a vehicle at the time, and was one of the few employees who used public transportation, and I really appreciated that they offered half priced bus passes. They also offered half priced Sam's Club memberships, and those were two things I still remember about the company, years later.

7. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    They're quite aware of it. Actually, it's their scheme to make you stay longer. Lol! That's pretty cool, @Diane Lane@Diane Lane. I remember it was 6 years ago when our company offered free van transportation, they will also ask you to ride their helicopter if you cannot go to work, how cool is that? :D

8. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Wow, free transportation is a good incentive. I've never ridden in a helicopter, but might under those circumstances. I've worked for a few good companies over the years, and the best ones worked to keep their employees happy. That made us very loyal, and even when enticed with other offers, some chose to stay for that reason.

9. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    True. Even though I want to separate from the company, my comfort zone is always asking me to stay but you know, just like people, companies do change as well. We can not really say that the company would stay for too long. Just look at old timers like Kodak, Nokia, Siemens--They've been around for years but due to certain circumstances, they have to retire. I really hope that these companies would still continue to exist, I've heard they've done well in treating their employees.

10. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Yes, that's very true. I've seen many people lose jobs they thought they'd have until retirement, so it's best not to get too comfortable these days. I had one a long time ago that I thought would be for life. I left for personal reasons, and the company ended up being bought out, so who knows what would have happened. Enjoy it while you can, but be prepared for whatever the future holds.

11. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    If I may ask, how do you normally prepare for your future? I myself do all sorts of investments. In the coming months I plan to do business and trading while I work in the office. I find having your own business or investment saves you for the about to come problems.

12. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've accepted long ago that I'll never make it if I depend on winning lotteries or chance games. I just don't have the lucky touch, if ever there's one. I've won a Christmas party draw prize of $100 but that was it. Every year, though, we hold a Christmas party contest for the top shows and the prizes are really huge and employees have to give their best to land in the top three places. Our department takes it seriously because we're not in sales and we don't get any commission and sales bonuses so that was one way to get extra money during Christmas and it is really well appreciated by the winners.

13. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I personally have never won a big contest myself, but my family (my mom) did growing up. A local news station was doing a "best reason/story why your family should win a free trip to Orlando Florida for the Christmas" I think I was six or seven at the time, we really didn't have a lot of money and my mom had recently been able to connect with her birth father, and we had been wanting to see them (he lived in orlando). She wrote an article about being able to meet her birth father for the first time and she won the trip for 4 to Orlando and we got to spend Christmas with them (there was 4 of us in my family so it was perfect). It was great and awesome, she was on tv and everything receiving the prize and now we have a great relationship with my grandpa and nana (step grandmother) .

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I remember when I was a kid I was the luckiest little guy ever, always finding money and winning random things. Then I got older, and now I do not win anything. Maybe it is because the rewards are actually real and worth something now, versus candy and stuff.

15. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am yet to win a big contest even though I have been making efforts. I am still looking forward to the day I will pronounced the winner of a very big contest, say the winner of a car. The few wins I have recorded are of low profile, I do get to win free phone recharge, free drinks and one or two more.

16. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    Sometimes I think this contests are just stage managed, but I know there are others which are genuine. I have tried entering into this contests but I have never won something tangible except for airtime I won once. Well, who knows maybe one day I will be a lucky winner.

17. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I've never won any big contests, so far anyway :D. I think, to the best of my memory, the best thing that I have ever won is a nice apron for my mum xD. Like said above, I think most of the big competitions are just made up to either get brand exposure or some money from people calling in.

18. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakleyNew Member

Threads:
    Ha! You and me both. Lol. I don't have much luck with things like contests either. I know this isn't the same as a "contest" but, the closest I ever came to being a "winner" was a $75 scratch-off lottery ticket. I was so excited and went to work that night with all kinds of plans for what I was going to do with my money the next morning.

Well, a friend of mine at work borrowed my car that night and failed to tell me her driver's license had expired. She drove without the headlights on and got pulled over. I had to go get my car out of impound and guess how much it cost to do so? Yup! $75. Not sure if that was good luck or bad luck. On the one hand, it was $75 I didn't have to pull out of my budget. On the other hand, it was $75 I didn't get to splurge with. :confused:

19. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have own contests online and offline many times. However, I have never won big prizes in the contest. I once won a writing contest on a certain site and the prize was just about $5. I am yet to win a prize worth more than $20. I also also won goodies but not worth much.

20. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too, I've just won a $5 prize. Most of the time I spend playing at pch.com for free and you can win so big there it's so sweet to win there, so I keep on trying and have a lot of fun playing games and making friends. I hope I win big at pch.com. In the mean time I have lots of fun playing and relaxing playing games at pch.com.