To Pay Or Not To Pay For Facebook Promotion?

Discussion in Facebook Offers started by MyDigitalpoint • Jun 3, 2015.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, advertising is good especially in Facebook. But if your business is small then you may just be wasting your budget since Facebook is an international site and those in foreign countries may not be availing of your products. I know of some small businesses that uses advertising in Facebook and the result is encouraging. But from what I know, it is pretty expensive since you have to pay in dollars (that may be okay with you but here it is exorbitant).

2. Cash In Hand

Cash In HandMember

Threads:
    I don't know as much about Facebook as others would, but why pay? Why not just make a Facebook page that is your company and friend as many people as possible? Friend the friend of a friend of a friend, etc..... all day long for 2 days, and think of the number of people you would be reaching.

3. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I did try the advertising but it didn't work for me and I think if you go large scale and advertise on a daily basis for a month so that people can see the same ad each day, might be a good idea but it definitely doesn't work if you only intend on advertising for a few days. Once people see something continuously then they tend to get curious and only much later on do they decide to take a look at what this is all about. So advertising is good but on a large scale in facebook.

4. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I have been receiving suggestions to use Facebook ads in promoting my page but I never tried it. I just don't have the budget to pay for paid advertising right now so I'm just contented with improving my Facebook page right now. I run a blog and every time I post an article on it, I link it to my Facebook page then I also open my Twitter account to promote my blog.

5. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure about the advertising part, but I wonder how many people Facebook would allow to see your page. My husband was getting a lot of followers, but a lot of the viewers were not seeing everything he would post. There was something on Facebook that stated that if you want all viewers to see, you had to pay some fee. It was totally ridiculous at how they could limit and pick and choose who would see his content.

6. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I've never paid for advertising on Facebook. My aunt's friend has a tshirt line coming and I'm now doing a website for them. Social media advertising would also be great but I think there would be no need to pay if you know how to scatter the link to your shirts. I'm also experienced in promoting groups and items on a Facebook community or group page for the various networking groups I was with. Some online friends taught me how to keep people coming without the need to pay for anything.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently read somewhere that if you pay for Facebook promotion, say you are paying for you business page to be seen by more people, odds are as people see your page in their news feed and like the post or share it, more and more people get to see it. Though there's no guarantee that this will increase boost your sales, at the very least it might send more people to your website.

If you can afford it, pay for Facebook promotion.

8. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I have advertised for likes with Facebook. I got a lot of likes. I really was not promoting one particular item, more or less, just the site as a whole. I figured out as I went along that I should have selectively targeted my audience, more than I did. Say right to my local town. In my area we have county wide buy sell trade sites (groups). The next time I tinker with Facebook advertising, I plan to go to these local sites, they are free, and post whatever I am selling on there. Cheaper, more effective way to do it, I think.

9. Venus123

Venus123New Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what product you are going to promote, ads picture must be creative and interesting enough, and accurate targeting audience. I have pushed facebook ads many times for different products, the best performance I got 13% conversion rate. The worst is nothing except many reaches and some likes.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't actually use Facebook advertising for a post or a product, not been able to come up with a product I will like advertise on social media.The fact is with Facebook advertising your product will enjoy a very wide reach which can promote your business significantly and earn you a lot more money.

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is certainly a calculated decision, or at least it should be. You should be realistic about what you think it would result in, and thus if it is worth it. I bet that it is a worthwhile investment for a lot of businesses and groups out there, and it just depends I suppose.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it works for local businesspersons with a large circle or website owners willing to add members. I know a lady from Manila who was very active on Facebook and other writing websites suddenly started his business of online supplies of homemade food. I am surprised to see that she has no time for people from outside her country because she is too busy making new recipes and selling them.

13. kenzhoui25

kenzhoui25New Member

Threads:
    Paying for a Facebook promotion is definitely helpful especially if your business is just starting. It will be very helpful because a lot of people will know your business and what products are you offering. With the number of Facebook subscribers nowadays, it'll be very easy to make your products known because users can share it to different people if they become aware of your products through Facebook promotion. This might also generate visitors to your site which can lead to potential sales.

14. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have paid for advertising on facebook. Even though my outcome of facebook advertising was not very good, I encourage people to use facebook advertising for social media promotion. Facebook is good at exposing your ads on your target audience.

15. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In business language, advertising or promotion of a product especially when it is new is a must. It has been said that credit is the life-blood of the business and advertising is business life support to grow. Since you are in the business entrepreneurship, you have to promote your product in any means, venue or method of telling your prospective or target buyers otherwise you will become broke.

16. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    One thing to remember is that you can advance your Facebook posts with the expectation of complimentary yourself by simply requesting that individuals straightforwardly share them (obviously, you ought to furnish a proportional payback somehow) and obviously keeping your posts fascinating and drawing in, which will urge individuals to share them all alone.