Do You Use An Atm?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by remnant • Nov 11, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I sign up for a bank account, I make sure that I apply for an ATM card. Not only is it convenient because you can withdraw money anytime, it also saves on time and money as you don't have to queue and the withdrawal charges are much lower than off the counter.

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I use ATM machines all the time. Whether it's for a Prepaid credit card, Debit card, Mobile Prepaid, and Bitcoin, I prefer ATM than doing the transaction over the counter. There's a new trend these days if you don't have any ATM machines in the vicinity, have you heard about the Mobile ATM?

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Electronic card or the so-called automated machine (ATM) card "sells" like a hotcake in our place. In our department, we are almost more than 1,000 employees and we are all required to open a bank account with an ATM for our monthly salary payment. It is due coursed to our respectively ATM card. Since, we are too many, we have to fall in line or oblige ourselves to join with the long queue of persons making a withdrawal at the ATM kiosk.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes that is exactly what I do too whenever I have to open a new account I ask the bank to issue me ATM to the account as quickly as possible. I like doing most of my transaction using the card. It's a lot more convenient and I can use it at any time.

5. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    ATM cards are very convenient,I hate the long queues which can be depressing, especially end month when everybody is either withdrawing or depositing cash.If not careful and disciplined,ATM cards can really mess you up.Since ATM machines are all over and its easy to access and withdraw cash from them,one tends to withdraw cash more and spend unnecessarily.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    An ATM card is a must for me because it's the most convenient way to withdraw or manage my money. It also assures me that if anything happens to me, my family will be in the position to withdraw my funds without going through the usual legal steps which can take months or years. I share my ATM PIN with my sister and she shares hers with me.

7. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. Rather I'd say that ATM card is what I use the most to withdraw money. I do not want to use digital wallets. Neither do I have the time to go the bank over and over again to withdraw money. So, ATM is the only source of my "ALL TIME MONEY". I find it the most convenient and safe way of money transaction.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My atm card is very important to me because I avoid bringing cash all the time. It is unsafe here because of criminals so the atm is a very good facility. However I only withdraw from my atm when I buy small items. For big purchases, I use the credit card.

9. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have a dozen accounts on various banks. When I signed up with these banks, I did not subscribed with ATM services on all banks. I choose to use ATM service with the banks that I use more. By using ATM service I will have to pay annual fees, thus I avoided ATM service from some banks.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that ATM cards is a necessity. I have one and I find that it's good to have just in case you need cash right away. You can get cash right away safely. Once when I went shopping at Ala Moana shopping center where there is a bank with an ATM. I just got off the bus and was walking towards the store I was interested in shopping in. As I was walking to the shop the bank with the ATM was on my way. The bank was open and not busy at all. As I passed by I noticed a card sticking out of the ATM machine. I got it walked into the bank and returned it to the teller. I told her what had happened. She glanced at the ATM and back at me and thanked me. Another time as I was walking to my bus stop I noticed an ATM card on the side of the sidewalk. I returned it to the bank too. The teller was so happy and thanked me. It's good to have an ATM card, but for heavens sake don't loose it!

11. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    You did a very good thing that most people usually do not bother to. I have seen people noting down their ATM pin on the other side of the ATM card! I think that is the limit of stupidity one can do. If that card is lost or stolen anybody can withdraw cash through that ATM card as ATM pin is readily available on the other side. We should not keep our ATM pin anywhere in our wallet. An ATM card without ATM pin is just useless as a piece of paper.

ATM is definitely a good thing and we can't think of a world without ATMs. But ATM related frauds are also on the rise. Every day a lot of people are losing huge money through ATM frauds.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    That's so sad, for we all work hard for our money. That's why sometimes you just got to make a note to do a quick check for our cards before we leave the ATM. We get so busy with living, but we got to help ourselves to make sure we have our cards with us when we leave.

13. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    For me it is a necessity and a matter of convinience especially while shopping.

I can't imagine carrying a lot of cash in hand due to safety reasons. So ATM card does the job .

14. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I used to be the conservative guys who don't accept change until I almost lost a job because I didn't know how to use an ATM. I later came to realize I always wasted my time qeueing while I could have just used a card.It's a simple way to access your money wherever you want and it's safe.

15. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Very true. That is why it is very important to develop a habit of checking back. Whenever before leaving an ATM machine I always check it back and ensure that my card and cash is with me. I do this whenever I use any other facilities like before leaving my seat in public transport, Movie Theater and whatever it is.

Earlier I was not particular about rechecking but nowadays it has become a habit for me. Also when I do online dealings before logging in I check its correct address and if the site is secure with https, padlock etc.

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I use my ATM virtually everywhere I need to make payment for goods or services I have been rendered. It's a lot more convenient and sometimes when by chance my physical cash was not enough for payment I use my card to pay the balance. It saves one from carrying too many cash about.

17. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    :)Me too. Once I was departing the bus and the person sitting next to me asked me if the library card on the seat was mine. Surprisingly it was mine! From then on I double check too.

18. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    It has been a while since I've used an atm since I don't even own a bank account now. I do agree that it was very convinient at the time especially when I didn't have enough cash on me when wanting to buy something urgently. When I do get a bank account I make sure I can use my card at an atm.

19. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I use the ATM frequently. I took my ATM card immediately when I opened my bank account. The ATMs are convenient to use and are most useful when you need money instantly. You don't have to stand in the long queues at the bank to withdraw money. Some safety precautions to be followed when using ATMs:
    • Always make sure the transaction is completed before leaving the ATM otherwise there is a risk of others misusing your account.
    • Be careful when you enter your ATM PIN. Do not write your PIN on the card covers.
    • Insert your ATM card properly in the place provided. Failure to do so will temporarily block your account after a specified number of attempts(in India).

20. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I make use of the ATM and the debit card. And for me most of the transactions are taken care of with the ATM. It'd be reasonable to say that these are much better option than holding the cash. I personally prefer to hold the cash in such case. It can save up a lot of time and money as well. Another thing is that ATM can be handy in most of the money withdrawal option too. So all in all it can save a lot of time and money in the process.