Gas Treatment...

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by MrsJones • Jan 21, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Have you or do you use a gas treatment for your vehicle? I've seen commercials where STP gas treatment is used in some racing cars and then the screen flips to show it being used in a domestic car. What is your experience if you have used it before? Would you recommend it to others?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The overwhelming majority of gas treatments don't work, and some of them are even dangerous for your vehicle. You probably shouldn't use them, unless you verify in a tangible way that your gas mileage or engine performance has/will increase. Most people use these treatments and swear by them, yet they've never actually tested to see if that's the truth.

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    How would I, if I would, be able to tell the difference? I have actually considered it since I have a late model vehicle. I guess I want to believe that it would make a difference.

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I are a big fan of Mythbusters tv series. They've tackled the real cause of gas consumption on all vehicles. It's the car's airconditioning unit that guzzles up those precious fuel. In the show, they tested the same vehicle in a track oval and compared results with the aircon on and when it was off. Gas savings were upto 20% with the aircondition off. Gas treatments? We've tried some but never really saw any difference.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Employees of car parts stores recommend them. However, I'm wondering if simply using premium gas would have the same effect. Oddly enough, one car parts store employee recommended a tank of premium gas before adding the additive.

Finally, of course, this stuff will help your gas mileage, saving you money, but premium gas claims to do the same.