Products Made Of China, Are They Inferior In Quality?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nakitakona • Nov 15, 2016.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have learned that China is producing a lot of products from household items to industrial one, from toys to electronic gadgets. If you go around the mall, you could see a lot of things made of China. I also read from the news that fire accident is caused by China inferior product like this Christmas lights and the like.

Are you aware of that? Or it is just an isolated case to discredit China. What can you say about that?

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There is a general consensus that products made in China are inferior. This is largely based on reality as the enormous population of Chinese should produce all sorts of variables. But this belies the fact that China's status as an NIC cannot have been based on industries built on quicksand. There are plenty of gems in there.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, that is my reaction for I have overheard buyers, shoppers of product made of China which didn't satisfy them for they are inferior in quality. In short, those products of any line won't last long.

4. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I usually hear a lot about substandard items from China, but a lot of companies are manufacturing their goods in China too. A lot of Apple devices I see are manufactured in China, though the parts that were used are genuine, they just tend to make the products in China to cut some costs since they pay lower waged there. My point is, not everything that is made in China is substandard. There are some Chinese companies that do provide people substandard quality products but I think not all of them. I am not a Chinese by the way. :)

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Lenovo, for one, has received good reviews for their electronic products. A lot of popular gadgets lines are also being subcontracted in China to cut on labor costs. The companies that are manufacturing and exporting cheap, knock off products with questionable/cheap parts and toxic paints are the ones that are negating China's reputation.

In my country, for instance, there is an electronic store that sells cheap imported electronic/computer products from China. My experience with this company has not been good lately. Their products last only a little longer than the warranty period and some, not at all. I've stopped buying mouse and storage products from them and discovered that there are more durable yet only slightly more expensive products from other stores. Apparently, other people have the same experience as their branches are closing one after the other. The existing branches are now offering unreasonably priced monitors and e-bikes. Who would trust them?

6. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I totally agree with the point that most of the products made in China aren't of superior quality. They are sold at lower prices only to increase sales and they do not carry a warranty with them. A lot of issues have been reported with the Xiaomi and Lenovo smartphones here in India and people have started avoiding them lately.

However, I do not totally agree that all Chinese products aren't good. Apple's iPhones for instance, are manufactured in China and as everyone knows, they are the best in the business. My advice is to go with the brand's reputation even if it costs more as you are likely to receive a more durable product.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not all Chinese products are inferior but it depends what the traders are ordering for. I had the same general belief that Chinese products are low in quality unless I saw good quality products in other countries. In fact, China manufactures to cater all kind of vendors. Generally the vendors in third world countries order cheapest items which they sell at higher prices. But I have seen above par quality of Chinese products in other countries which is even better than some renowned brands in the same category.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you got to be careful what you buy any time all the time. I've asked to be on the alert list for recalls and the companies that are doing recalls are all over from U. S. to Canada, Japan, so then it's just a matter of luck really. I buy all sorts of products from Walmart, Walgreens, Safeway or amazon, etc. and found that most products are very good. The world's market is to be trusted, for most products I believe no matter where they come from. I believe that companies would like to be well thought of and make profits forever, so they'd make products that people can trust so they'd be in business forever and we the consumer enjoy products. I feel safe about products. I do ask though when buying electronics to see what people experienced with their gadgets, so I can make a good choice buying electronics.

9. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think all products from China are of inferior quality but when you buy cheap products you have to be careful. But you get what you are paid for. I have a Huawei 4G Wingle which is really superb. I was using another model of a good company which was not able to catch even 2G signals in my area. This Huawei Wingle is like a life saver for me.

But there are many shops that sell inferior quality china products at cheap rates like plastic utensils, toys etc. I think plastic utensils are not suitable to store any food items and they are made of very low grade plastic. But people keep on buying them due to very low price.

10. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    China is impeccably superior in craftsmanship. They have the ability to make something out of nothing. Chinese people are simply incredible to replicate a substance. Plus they will make it available in a lower price as well.

However, to make the commodities reachable... they might have to compromise with the quality at times. But that do not make all the products inferior.

11. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Ever since I remember it has been thought that products from China, and Hong Kong were inferior in quality. Not only were they inferior in quality but also cheaper in wages. This means that they cost less for us to buy.

There may be some products which are very good quality, and maybe better than the same product made in a different country. But regarding it as a percentage, it's pretty high that those products made in China are cheap and cheerful and may not last very long.

12. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    Just to clarify, you mean products made in China the country, not of china the material right? China, the ceramic material, can be used for some exceptionally high quality products, but the quality tends to depend on the manufacturer, not the material.

Products made in China do have a reputation for being cheap and bulk manufactured rather than high quality, although there are some exceptions. Some of the computer manufacturers are superb. The problem is that because it is cheaper to manufacture over there some companies will just outsource the manufacture and cut corners on the quality. After all, companies looking for the cheapest supplier won't be looking for the best, whether they are looking in China or Europe.

#12Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  13. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I believe not all China products are low in quality, and definitely not all products made in China are inferior. Most products like mobile devices and other electronic gadgets are also manufactured in China because of the low costs, just like what @workingbuck said. Apple and Samsung for instance are some of brands who have their products manufactured in China, but does it mean they are low in quality? Not only gadgets but other products as well like home care products and food.

14. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree that most of China-made products are inferior in quality. However, the low quality is compensated by the cheap price. Take the case of my favorite garden hose that costs 2,000 pesos for the original. But the imitation that is made in China costs only 300 pesos. That’s a mighty big difference in cost that’s why I have been buying the cheap imitation regardless if it breaks within one year of use. As of now, I am in my 5th garden hose so that means I have spent about 1,500 pesos already, still a bit lesser than the original’s cost. And it’s been 5 years or so that I have been using the imitation garden hose.

I’m also buying electronic items from a Chinese electronic stores. In fact, this cordless keyboard I am using costs only $5 and it comes with a cordless mouse. It’s been 2 years already and this keyboard is still working all right.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @luckycharm@luckycharm You remind me that the dongle I was using was not compatible with Windows 10 so I had to buy a Huawei Dongle for for 3g connectivity. Same is true for 4 G and there is no difference in rates as well. I am no more using a dongle because I generally use my spare Reliance phone with 4G internet service on the go.

#15Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  16. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of many good brands having their products manufactures in China to reduce the manufacturing cost, these products are great and long lasting according to most of their users. In the other hand I have heard of sites with products that have items that are greatly reduced, some reviews are good as some are poor. Bad reveiws are usually made on apparel, make up, and a few electronics.

17. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Products are always cheap in China, and cheap prices equals low quality. I remember buying an mp3 player from China that's only $2, and it broke after 2 hours of initial use. Now I know labor is cheap in China that's why all phones and electronic items are made there, so I guess it also depends on the quality control of the product. I assume the products of those branded companies have strict quality control standards before the product is released to the market.

18. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    They are massed produced via cheap labor, they don't have quality control because all they care about is the number of products they will sell. It is all about the planned obsolescence. Their products are cheap because they are not durable. They are not built to last.

19. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Most people often say that products made in China are of poor quality or of inferior quality, but I completely disagree with that. I already bought several products from China and none of them is of poor quality or of inferior quality.

20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit I absolutely agree with you. In fact, Chines manufacturers cater to all needs and supply products as per their clients' demand. They have no shortage of manpower, craftsmanship or technology but the number of trained labor enables them to manufacture them in big number so they can supply the finished goods at cheaper rates. I have used number of their products which are as good as from any other country and at lower rates.