Do You Buy Health Drinks?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by moondebi • Nov 25, 2016.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    It is the fad of the generation to go for health drinks once they’re in for gym sessions. It is least important weather they’re regular in exercise or not, but given the promotional impact... heath drinks are on in the first place.

However, there are a wide variety of health drinks which everyone takes in some point or other. But given my utter dislike towards milk or milk based health drinks since childhood, I doubt whether I ever had any. Water is my ultimate choice as a favorite health drink.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like PowerAde Zero for it has no calories and no sugar. At this age we got to be careful of sugar intake. I like the taste and the size of PowerAde Zero too. It always goes on sale. Here in Hawaii we pay .79 when on sale. PowerAde Zero is filled with vitamins that I need, so I will always like to drink it. Cheap and healthy to drink PowerAde Zero is something I consider good to buy if only it was easier to carry on the bus, lol.

3. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have never bought any health drinks. Even when I joined the gym, I did not go for any health drinks. I don't know, but I have the impression, that if you take protein shake etc for weight loss, once you stop taking it, you might gain weight. This is what I really don't want. And therefore no health drinks for me.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought or consumed a health drink to be honest. I see no point in doing so even if I were to be a regular gym goer. It is simply waste of money I feel.

It is not like those who exercise actually loose extra nutrients from body that it is so nevessary to consume health drinks to replenish them.

Eating balanced diet and drinking clean suffices in my opinion.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy health drinks preferring to stick to good old water and tea. The fact remains that these health drinks are over hyped at least most of the time. Then there is this issue of exaggerated costs. The major health drinks in my area are milk products like yoghurt and sour milk. Its interesting that despite the abundance of milk in our area, people do not find it convenient to make them at home which is a simple process requiring minimal expertise. People prefer commercial varieties which are a bit expensive.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me because I consider health drinks as the same as soda. They are just refreshing and nothing more. That's how I see those new fad because they have no proof of being real healthy drink. And to be on the safe side, water is the best drink. You can add lemon drops if you want flavored water.

7. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do. I'm sure you are familiar with Yakult. I prefer drinking this everyday.
    Recently, there's a hype in Collagen Drinks as they have said that this helps slow down aging. I've tried one before I didn't feel the effect. I guess you have to drink it everyday to see the result.

8. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I don't take health drinks and pure water is my health drink like OP said. I don't believe in any packaged food or drinks as the ultimate aim of the company is to increase the life span of these things through chemical ingredients; be it drinks or packed foods.

They also add taste enhancers to increase its popularity. Just think of them not adding any preservatives which will obviously perish these items within days. The loss of money would be unimaginable for them. So it's not surprising to see that these branded products contain a lot of preservatives in them.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    If I want a health drink I make it. All we need is some fruits and vegetables and a blender. I don't like spending too much money on such drinks even though purchasing them ocassionally it's okay. I know that home made ones are much healthier since they are natural and with no added unknown ingredients.

10. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer healthy drinks than health/energy drinks. By healthy drinks, I mean drinks I create and blend myself out of fruit or vegetables. Sometimes, those health/energy drinks can contain a dangerous amount of sugar and it can be fatal if you drink too much of them. Fruit and vegetable drinks are a lot cheaper too and are always good for you.

11. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Health drinks can be good for those who want instant energy, for instant you are working hard and you need energy, health drink might help you. For a normal person,there is no necessity for health drink. I have bought health drink once or twice, and I don't use a health drink in normal situation. I drink juice instead.

12. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to invest in health drinks as you might know, they cost a decent amount of money. I just stick to water as it is the cheapest alternative haha!

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I don't actually buy healthy drinks, I just make one. I used different vegetables and fruits for detox, depending on what type. I normally put them together in a container with water and put them in the fridge and let them chill for hours then I can drink them. I can say that it is more effective than buying healthy drinks outside since I know all the ingredients in that drink because I was the one who made them, not to mention it's cheaper :)

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I really tend to go in phases when it comes to health drinks, but it also depends on what is available or what I come across. I cannot do some of them, most the veggie ones, but there are some that are very good, and also not too expensive.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never used any health drink during my active sporting days for my college or university. I used to play a very fast game like badminton up to national level but I knew that most of these give only a false boost-up which has nothing to do with your stamina building. On the other hand if caught with a wrong ingredient the chances of expulsion from the team were always there.

16. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    V8 vegetable juice is the only health drink I buy. However, if I had a large income, then I'd consider getting into more health drinks. Note, I also try to drink some water each day, but I haven't really considered that a health drink, even though it might be the most important one, as one commentator on this thread noted.

By the way, what are the cheapest and most beneficial health drinks and where can they be found?

17. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I do agree with the veggie thing. That's way healthier and at least you would know what it's made of right? Aside from water, I would only drink blended fruit or veggies. these so called health drinks aren't even healthy.

18. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Right and I found out that they work the same as caffeine does or any highly-sugared drink. Sure, you get energy at the moment but in the long run, they're highly dangerous. Have you seen the cost of a bottle of energy powder? 9.00 dollars for a small bottle! You can make a lot healthier drinks with fruit with 9.00 dollars! I suggest fruit that contains a high amount of glucose for energy.

19. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am used to taking different types of drink, some are just normal mineral drinks, malt drinks and a lot more. I do not keep a particular make of drinks as health drink for my exercise or gym. I take any good soft drink at any time I feel like not just because of my training. I tend to put more emphasis on diet, especially one rich in protein, vegetables and fruits for my gym.

20. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    @TheKnight@TheKnight 9 dollars for a health drink? Man that's a cheap way to get sick LOL! I heard energy drinks tend to ruin kidneys in the long run.

#20Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017