A Small Suggestion To The Members

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by Kaushik Angara • Dec 13, 2016.

1. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    Hello there!

I just wanna suggest a simple suggestion. Please do not reply with a "Thank you" or an "I agree" kind of statements to post where you have been tagged or your post has been quoted. It is not a useful post. Instead, you can use the like option on the post to express your thanks and gratitude or personally message the member for further discussion. A huge thanks to all the members and the forum administrators for keeping the forum lively and engaging.

2. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    This makes sense. I am glad that you brought it up. It really helps to remove any confusion, and to clarify things as a whole. Plus, it is a lot simpler to just use the 'like' option. That way, a person will know that we saw their initial like, and that we responded in gratitude.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Many discussions got buried not because they were not interesting but because people prefers older discussions that recently got a reply. Many new discussions are getting buried because of it. In some forums where I am a member recent discussions and new gets displayed, so they can get some replies despite of the fact older discussions are still getting attention due to notifications.

I think members should slow down on replying on year old discussions because it buries newer discussions.

4. Gold Coin

Gold CoinNew Member

Threads:
    A lot of old don'tpayfullforum duscussions are very useful for information on saving money for a mom caring for a large family. I think those could be proved workable methods or ways as time-tested gold nuggets to this day. I'm a newbie here, but, my tendency is to look for old discussions on how to be wise with my money from my husband's fortnitely salary/pay.

But you're right. A 'Thank you' with, at least, 2-3 lines or 75 words of explanation how the information honestly helped--is encouraging to the poster.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I like to dig out old discussions too but only if they are intersting or helpful to me. It doesn't mean that I'm not interested in new discussions. I tend to look for both and if there is nothing relevant I can add to a new one I will look at the old ones.

6. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with your suggestion and I find it more than reasonable. On many pages and forums things such as 'thank you', ' I agree' and 'Nice post' are considered spam and eradicated without much consideration.
    If something should be thanked for I think that personal message is more than an adequate tool.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That's self explanatory. It's empty I should say and there are many ways of expressing it by stating the reason why they're thankful, or by expressing one's gratefulness by citing the situation and so on and so forth. It's the same case of being agreeable.

8. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly, using such mediocre and simple sentences to express one's opinion or thoughts is a very lazy way of communication that's been going on for a while.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I thought that most people used the 'like' feature anyway. I haven't seen anyone say 'Thank you' or 'Nice post' but that's probably because admin would see that as spamming and remove it giving the poster a warning.

10. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    It is not only lazy but completely disrespectful. Some writers take time and great skill to put into their work. It is not only five cents for them, it is an actual work of art. If a commentator can't respect that, he should not leave a comment at all.
    I came along a person who was genuinely angry at me when I warned him to quit commenting numerous times on my articles.
    He was so insulted that he blocked me and even 'threaten' me he will never comment or visit my work.
    Not a big loss.

11. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    It is sometimes unclear to some members that saying 'thanks' and 'I appreciate' does not add value and I am glad this has been addressed. Such comments only make the thread longer but with minimal meaningful content. I think the moderators should look into this and warn such spammers to tread carefully lest they are banned from the forum. On the bright side, it is good that a few members actually take note of what is going on and can help deal with this issue.I am impressed at how you dealt with the person annitha, he/she may have taken it personally but through your feedback they did learn something.