Does Anyone Use Tidal?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by joshc428 • Jun 27, 2016.

1. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I use my girlfriend's Spotify family plan. At $14.99 for 6 accounts, this deal was definitely worth the price. However, I'm getting a bit tired of artists releasing their music on exclusive streaming services such as Tidal. When Kanye released The Life of Pablo, he made it Tidal exclusive for awhile. Now, Desiigner is holding his mixtape behind the paywall as well. I don't mind paying for another music streaming service, but I don't want to waste my money if the music selection is not nearly as diverse as that of Spotify. Has anyone used this service? Is it worth the cost, especially considering I already use a paid streaming service?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Tidal's becoming overrated - thanks to Jay-Z and Beyonce making it seem like they want exclusive patronage. Spotify's a lot more tolerable. But given my financial status, I'd rather go for YouTube and free streaming sites. There's not much that Tidal can offer me anyway. I'd be forced to spend money on music I can listen to anywhere.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I am in the same situation. I have been a Spotify subscriber for a few years and am getting frustrated by all the exclusives. It's not just Tidal, Apple Music has exclusives too. It seems like Spotify doesn't get any of these exclusives, so I question if I will stay with them long term. If Tidal had the same library as Spotify, I would have switched already though. Gonna give it some time to grow and the probably just become a Tidal subscriber.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Tidal is great with it's high quality sound but i think it's too pricey for something that i can actually find in other music apps like Spotify. Well some albums can be found exclusively on Tidal but i can always go to youtube for them and eventually they are made available to Spotify and Apple Music.

5. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    no I don't use tidal but I heard from it it would be very cool sayd a friend from me

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    When the announcement was made, I thought about becoming a subscriber (because the proposal seemed to me to be very interesting). But in practice, it was only too much bureaucracy for a very little material available.

The result? I gave up on becoming a subscriber. ;)

7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Since this website is actually about saving money. I want to inform everyone that Tidal have a 30 day trial. People can take advantage of that trial and binge listen to some exclusive contents for free while it last.