Low Cost But Good Cellphone

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Ke Gordon • Feb 10, 2017.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am having a lot of trouble with my Motorola phone. I may need to get another phone soon. What are some low cost but effective smartphone brands you can recommend? I hate to think about buying one but I may have to.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if Xiomi is present in your country but it is one of the leading manufacturers from China, OEM for various reputed manufacturers has come in the market with its own online stores and also selling through reputed eCommerce sites. The company is selling its products at almost 2/3 price compared to other manufacturers with same features/components.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    There are Karbon Alfa, TCL 560 Volte and Intex Aqua which are some of thd cheapest smartphones. However, I have always been a fan of Samsung. They also have good deals worth checking out.

I find Samsung products durable, user friendly and totally worth the price.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if you have come across with CKK mobile phones. They look so elegant, durable and comparable to high quality phone. They are affordable for they are cheap. Try to visit their site particularly CKK store to select your smartphones.

5. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    As you know it actually depends on what you want from a smartphone. There are a whole lot of models available and it becomes costlier as you look for more refined features. But always go for a 4G smartphone even if it is a little bit costly because future is with 4G. I have a 3G phone and when I have to buy a new one I would definitely look for a 4G model.

If you go to Amazon you can find a number of filters on the left hand side of the screen. There you can narrow down your searches and find a suitable one that meets your demands and also fits in your budget. This is quite helpful even if you want to buy it offline.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @luckycharm@luckycharm I have 2 4G phones besides a #G Samsung handset. I opted for InFocus and Xiomi brands for 4G because these two are in the range of $200 to 250 range with almost as many features as more famous brand in $400-500 range. If you get 32 GB ROM at 3-4GB RAM with almost all features that a high-end phone has. You should go for it.

#6Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017
  7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Cherry Mobile and a Samsung SIII. They are both inherited from my wife. The Cherry which is cheaper is my first smart phone. It's pretty good until the Samsung came along which made me realize that a smart phone should be quick to boot and quick to react to the commands. The cheap phone takes too long to operate that I seldom use it anymore. I would prefer to buy an expensive phone for a good investment.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    There was a story on the news today about Nokia bringing back the old stick like phone with no smartphone features, because I guess there is a market for it. But, it was still $70 which was really surprising, and I hope that drops.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy True, I love my Samsung S4 but since the OP wanted to know about cheaper phones so I suggested him the phones which are as good as costly ones (with my personal experience) I suggested him some good phones which might be available in their area.

#9Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017
  10. ramram50

ramram50New Member

Threads:
    Attention--Huge Sale
    I have a store on ebid com called Penny Auction Wins and dvds.

the store features anything that can be won in a penny auction mostly Gift Cards, Cell phones precious metals and dvds
    having a 50 off sale for 7 dayson cell phones Ebid does not charge to buy All titles are 50 off

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    My worry with low cost phones is their processor, how strong or effective is the processor especially when using the phone online. There is a low cost phone I am currently using and I must agree accessing network on it some times is terrible. Many of my Skype calls hardly connect. I was made to understand network maybe good but the processor of the phone could make communication sluggish.

12. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    There are many phones based around android and the android operating system that would be low cost. Some notable low cost cell phone brands would be Google more specifically nexus, Huawei and Asus. Some phone models could be Nexus 5X, Honor 6X, ZTE ZMax Pro and OnePlus two could be some options. Though many of the low cost phones are different through their processor, battery life and speed and may not compare up to higher end more costly phones. These would be some options as to picking some low cost phones with high end features that would replace your old phone.

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    In our country, there are a lot of new brands of smartphones that has been released. They have good graphics and have nice specs as well. The good thing is that their price is cheaper compared to the popular Samsung, Apple, LG, Motorola, HTC and Nokia. I'm not sure about the quality and the longevity of the phone but I've seen people who use them and they seemed fine. You can check out these brands: Xiaomi, Gionee, Karbonn and Micromax.

14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Samsung has a J series model phones that are around $100 and below, you might want to check it out. Apart from that, you can also look into older models of iPhones, Sony, and Samsung phones, they all have dropped their price by now. I don't mind buying refurbished or 2nd hand as long as it's original.

15. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have always used Samsung. They are very good phones. However, current most popular phone in my country is Xiaomi. My husband has been using this phone for 4 years now and even though my daughter dropped the phone and broke the screen, the same year he bought it, the phone is working perfectly fine. It is cheap and of very good quality.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @anupamas2@anupamas2 I have been using Xiomi for almost 2 years but different models. I started with Note1 which was a low cost phone I bought from Infibeam for INR 9000 $1300 but later changed to MI4 and now using MI5 that I bought for $345 recently. This phone has all the features that a costly phone worth $600 or more with a 16 megapixel camera and 32 GB ROM and 3 GB RAM. I wish the phone had a little longer battery life though.

#16Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017