Would You Pay More For Natural Products?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by cocolgooh • Jun 27, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    For me it depends on what the product is to be used for. I have really sensitive skin and therefore if it's something that'll be used on my skin I prefer not to have to use anything with harsh chemicals that might cause my skin to get a rash and flare up. That being said though, I don't typically spend any more than I would for other non-natural products. I don't like to have to pay more for anything unless I have to. I think the only product I tend to buy regardless if it's not as cheap as other products are would be shampoo and conditioner as I'm allergic to a chemical in the water here and these seem to make me far less itchy than I normally would be with other products. They're also more natural than what I was using before though.

Would you pay more for natural products?

2. ladydaydream

ladydaydreamNew Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't typically spend more for a natural product unless I distinctly was having a problem with abrasive products and needed something for more sensitive skin, like you said. However, I don't really have super sensitive skin so I don't really often splurge on a more expensive natural product. And yeah, like you said, I don't like having to pay more, so honestly I'll usually end up taking the cheapest option unless there's a huge gap in quality.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Skin, yes but there are some hidden treasures out there. My local beauty supply store chain sells almost every type of the Shea Moisture brand. They have a new line that targets dry skin. I got the $4 soap the same time I got my Clinique order, which came with a liquid cleanser.

Now, the Clinique cleanser is okay but I definitely notice a difference when I use the Shea Moisture bar. If only they carried fade cream, my bank account would be much happier.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do sometimes spend more on products with less abrasive ingredients, because I have eczema. I have been fortunate not to have had a break out or rash in quite a while, other than as a reaction to stings/bites from insects, but I noticed last night that I have some sort of single break out on my forehead. I'm not sure what that's from, because I've been using the same facial products for quite a while, but hopefully it's a singular event. I tend to stick with shea butter products, because those have worked the best for me in the past.

5. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    Yes, I already do that. Not exactly because of the ingredients being natural but because it's so hard to find a good chemical product. They always smell too strongly in my opinion. I once bought a lipstick on Ebay (yes, bad idea) that got stick to my lip for so long. A natural product would never do that, simply because there has to be something too strong to make a tint glue to your lips so hard. Ever since I never bought sketchy makeup.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I would if it's something I'll put on or into my body. I would spend more if it's healthy or naturally grown vegetables or if it's a beauty product with natural ingredients. I make sure I check very well though since I know a lot of marketers usually just do enough to be able to label their goods natural legally despite having lots of other artificial chemicals in them so I would definitely pay more but only if I were sure it were the absolute best choice.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Natural products attract a heftier price tag, but they still usually contain some chemicals. I think you should buy what suits your skin, hair or type and what works more importantly. Cost is a factor because if it's not practical then you need to rethink things.

The important thing is that it works, because some natural products have a basic and limited effect, so it's not always cost effective if you have to use more.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too don't necessarily shell out a lot more just because products are touted as being organic or natural. I'm grateful for my Beauty Therapy training because I'm able to run a quick eye over the list of ingredients and can usually tell if the product is kosher. A lot of the products on the market that claim to be natural just aren't, because you still see chemicals and synthetics listed on the back! Of course, it'd be great to be able to get my hands on products that have very few ingredients and even better if they really are natural and fragrance free. However, those are very few. I do like them and I'd pay slightly more for them, not a whole lot more, especially Vitamin C serum and sunscreen.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Without thinking twice, yes. ;)

Natural products are always worth it. :cool: But unfortunately, it seems that prices are getting more expensive. I really don't mind paying dearly, but for everything there is a limit (it's as if companies are looking to make a profit beyond normal :mad:).

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of brands that promotes natural beauty and skin care products and it's tempting to buy one instead of the normal beauty products. I like beauty products especially the hypoallergenic ones since they are gentle on the skin. But instead of buying natural beauty and skin care products, I just go for the real organic products like fruits and vegetables. Instead of buying carrot soap or toner with papaya, I just used the carrot and papaya itself for my skin, and I find them even more effective :)

11. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a problem paying more for a natural product because it's easy to understand the quality is superior, and therefore so will my benefits. The difference in price is easy to understand, if it's natural most likely it won't be mass produced like GMO or other plastic products we consume.

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes I will be willing to pay more for natural products, I always prefer natural products to any other for the simple reason I can trust the constituents of the product. In terms of food I really don't like it when I know there are chemicals or preservatives right there in already processed foods. I don't mind the cost natural products are always the best and more healthy.

13. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of reasons why natural products are better, but once we taste them, smell them, drink them, we feel the difference in flavor, and we feel the difference in the energy levels that it provides us. It's in fact a food with much more energy in it!

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think they have more benefits than taste, smell and flavor but they have better for our health too compared to artificial or inorganic and if I get them at par price I would never buy anything but natural products. My question is why natural products have got to be costlier than artificial or inorganic ones!

15. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It is worth to pay more for beauty products out of natural sources or even for the foods. As its category or classification says so, natural. That is out of organic sources, without any chemicals or hazardous solutions to maintain them. It means it is free from any detrimental ingredients or factors that could cause danger to the health of the users. Nowadays, natural products cost more because of those benefits mentioned. I don't have a second thought of paying it more.

16. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 They are costlier because they are usually not mass produced and the crops suffer from natural diseases, as they are not GMO. Also, take the soils. Biological food can make way less harvests per year that "regular" production where the soil is not as demanding and can produce much faster. It's all a matter of what is being produced.

#16Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  17. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I rather learn the ingredients used in those natural products and try them on me at home. This is because natural products are way too costly and I never get the desired results anyways!

18. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    OK, so now you totally lost me here @Decentlady@Decentlady! What do you mean you'd learn the ingredients? Natural products are the ingredients, they are just produced organically and that is why they are more expensive, but they are way healthier too. It's a matter of choice really.

19. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Since I'm on a budget, no I won't. Besides, my skin doesn't get any allergic reactions from using non-natural products, so why should I even change what I'm currently using, right? I'm lucky that my skin is not sensitive.

20. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that's how most people think @moneymania@moneymania, but eating natural products is far more than having skin issues or not, it's a matter of getting the proper nutrients for our body. At the same time, many so called natural products are not certified, and this might cause uncertainty about how real the market is, and therefore junk food and gmo continue to grow.