Weeknight Meal Hacks

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Feb 27, 2017.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    What are some of your hacks for making busy weeknight dinners? I thought about this as I was sitting down to eat my semi homemade chili for lunch. I buy a couple cans of chili and add stewed diced tomatoes and a bunch of fresher diced veggies and top it off with cheddar and sour cream.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got 2 easy dinners. One simple way to have dinner is to open a package of Knorr pasta, follow directions on the package and dinner is ready with a little fresh vegetables or canned ones is a great dinner. The second dinner is fried noodles. We love durum spaghetti from Walmart. Boil enough for dinner, then fry it up in soy sauce to taste. With some vegetables dinner is ready. Cooking with ready to eat spaghetti sauce and boil some spaghetti with homemade garlic bread with fresh salad is another simple, easy and quick dinner too that we love.

When you buy from Walmart your durum spaghetti for a pound it's just 1.12 the last time I bought it, spaghetti sauce on sale and Knorr sides packages on sale for a dollar at Safeway, you get good meals and save lots of money!

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Those sound like delicious dinner options. Another easy and delicious meal is to take some fettuccine pasta and cook it according to the directions and make an Alfredo sauce using jarred Alfredo, a little Velveeta, frozen green beans, sautéed onions, and Hillshire Farms sausage links. My family loves this dinner hack.