Legit Free Ebook Sites

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Jessika • Mar 23, 2017.

1. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you go to get legit free ebooks, rather than ones that have been pirated? I know there are a lot of pirate sites out there, but there are also legit sites like Bookbub or Bookangel UK that give lists of free ebooks that the authors have submitted to be sent to readers.

Do you use any of these free ebook services to find new books?

2. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    For all of the books that are out of copyright, the go-to source is

It isn't the prettiest site, but it does have very good coverage. When you think of all of the books that have ever been written, there is a lot of great reading material out there where the copyright has lapsed. It is never too late to catch up on the classics!

For many of these books.google.com is also a good source if you filter for results where the full text is available.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I belong to a site that publishes ebooks and some are free. You are welcome to browse the collection of free ebooks. Smashwords.com is a very good and very easy site to maneuver on. Smashwords.com has many ebooks to choose from. Come on by for a visit and see the huge selection of free ebooks.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have a particular site I visit for my freee ebook. What I usually do is search for them up on Google. I find that there there are so many free books especially those that have entered the public domain. These are books that have become very old that original owners have given it up for public use. Many of these old works are loaded with knowledge.

5. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:

is also the site where I get free ebooks, especially children's stories. Another site is

. There are also many free ebooks found at

, but these are books about Waldorf/Steiner Education.

I agree that these sites are not pretty or easy to navigate, but I am fine as I always find many good books there.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Finding out whether they are legitimate or not is actually kind of frustrating, and you would think that this would not be the case. I guess it goes to show you when you find a good one, stick to it.

7. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I usually buy ebooks from Kindle. Earlier when I did not have this app in my mobile, I just used to search and would download from any site that offered it. To be honest, I never searched whether they were originals or pirated.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have two legit ebooks sites. One is Goodreads. This is offering less free ebooks. Most of the books are offered for sale. What I like this site is a reading challenge. You have to select ebooks to be read and set your date of reading to start and the target to finish it.

The second is free-ebooks.net. eBooks are of various categories. They are group according to subject or topics and also they are classified as fiction, non-fiction, among others. This site is more comfortable for the readers who can download its ebooks selected to be read. By the way, this site has also a series of audiobooks.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon's Kindle has some of the free books. Also the smashwords price can have zero priced books. I mostly check these two these days. Also gutenberg seems to have free but old books. They have very large collection of books. And you can easily find them in that case. I'd suggest checking free books from the gutenberg there.

10. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used Bookbub for several years now, and I really like Bookbub. Recently, I joined another site called Book Gorilla, which almost works the same as Bookbub. How it works is that when you sign up, you fil out a book profile about what kinds of books you are interested in, and then they send you emails about books that fit your parameters. You can be as selective or as broad as you like in your choices, and the books that they send you will be either cheap or free.
    You can also list your favorite authors, and they will let you know when that author has a new book coming out, or has one that is on special.
    I also shop at the Kindle Store for books, and you can put in any topic that you want to read about and find books easily that way.

11. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I wish we can download the Kindle books in my country, as I have seen many good books offer for free or at very low price sometimes. But, it's not available in my country. How I wish some authors also consider sharing their free ebooks in PDF format, perhaps Amazon has a bigger market. ;)

12. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    These are great sites to get good free books. Its so difficult these days to determine if a site is legit. But I don't read or download a book just because it's free. I read a book because I am interested in the author or storyline. I mostly use Google to search for free books by a particular author or by a book title. So if I were to visit any of these sites, I will be looking for specific books as opposed to just any free book.

13. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    BookBub is a really great site to get free ebooks. I get an email from freebooksy and they have an assortment of free ebooks listed in a variety of genres. They send an email every day and usually the free books are only good for that day. They also have books that are at deep discounts. I used to just search free books in the Kindle app and would be able to find many free books. I have found new authors this way many times. I am always looking for new books to read.