Where Do You Buy Card Games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by thisnthat • Mar 23, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    There are lots of games that you can play with a regular deck of cards. You can pick up playing cards at nearly any store, and they don't cost very much.

There is also a variety of different types of specific card games that come with their own cards, such as games like UNO. I know there are lots of others as well, but I can't really think of them at the moment. If you know of any, please post them.

My daughter loves card games, so I would like to find some more for her (reasonably priced, so maybe I can get more than one). I like playing them too, so it's actually something fun that we could do together. I just don't really know what to get or where to get it.

What card games do you like? Where do you shop for them?

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy in specialized stores in games. I don't like to buy anywhere else (except for a few orders that I've already made online, but I always prefer to buy in physical stores).

The values aren't always attractive, but worth for the security in knowing that the product that is being bought is of excellent quality.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that you got better quality in brick and mortar stores than you did when shopping online? I would have thought the games would be the same wherever you purchased them form. Interesting.

It sounds like you also paid less online. So, now I'm wondering if you ended up with a "knockoff" version if you got it cheaper. I guess that's something we always have to be on the lookout for when we can't see what we're buying.

Do you have any recommendations for these specialized stores? Like, what's the name of your favorite one?

4. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    I usually buy stuff like that from eBay or Amazon. The main reason for that is that in my country there aren't that many board games or card games in this situation to choose from. And the prices for the games on the internet are fairly cheap, so there isn't any downside to it. The only problem is that you will have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive, but that is not a problem for me.

5. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Well, that's true. Amazon basically has some of almost everything. I don't know why I didn't think of it. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of specialty shops instead of general merchandise. I will have a look there to see what I can find.

I don't have much experience using eBay. Do you usually bid on stuff or buy outright?

I quite like shopping online these days. It's quicker and easier. Not only is it less stress for my back, but it also helps me avoid a long drive, since we don't have many stores close by. I have to drive about an hour to find more shops. So, add saving gas money to the overall savings. That sounds like a winner to me.