Do you always buy 4 tyres at once.

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Hedonologist • Apr 27, 2014.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Buy buying 4 tyres at once you can get quite a discount at times, but tyres often wear out at different rates. Do you only buy tyre you absolutely need or buy all 4 at once, even if some are only partially worn down?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I don't. Cars cost a lot of money (more or less $100 each depending on the tire that you would purchase). It would be very heavy on the pocket if I would purchase 4 tires at once. I only purchase a replacement for the tire that's already worn out. I find it impractical to purchase 4 tires at once even if the others are not yet worn out. Where would I put the tires that I'm not going to use? It would just take up unnecessary space.

3. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    No, but I do buy them in sets of 2. I usually am careful when buying tires. I look for a great deal, but also get a quality tire. I feel that some places try to trick you into getting all 4 by offering some silly discount if you buy at least 3 - it's usually not worth it because the tires are so expensive to begin with...

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy all 4 tires at once either, I buy two each time.
    These two get put in the front, while the ones that were previously in front get put on the back spaces, but rotated, so the front right tire goes on the back left spot.
    This way I have the newest tires on the front where I feel they are more needed, while the back ones get switched so they wear out evenly.

5. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would not buy all four tyres at once as it is a huge cost, but apart from that i would say that it is nothing that i really plan. I always buy tyres dependent on my need and so if i feel that my tyres are wearing out a bit, i would find the one in the worst condition and sort that out first and then do the rest slowly.

6. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    No, I never buy all four at once due to my low income. However, if I had a better income, then I'd probably just go ahead and replace all four once every year or so. In the end, replacing all of them might be a better way to save money on tires and also gas - since gas mileage is related to tire quality.

7. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I don't think I have ever bought four tires at once because it's just too expensive, and usually there's no need for it. Usually I buy a pair, and put the new ones in the back (I think!), moving the ones from the back to the front I believe. Funny enough, last time I had a nasty puncture that destroyed my tire, so I bought just one, I was fortunate enough to find one equal.