Quitting On The Landline Subscription

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by Corzhens • May 22, 2016.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    We used to have a landline from the years 1983 to 2014, but my dad noticed that nobody is using it anymore, so we had our subscription terminated. I also don't think that a landline is worth paying for, since most people have cellphones anyway, and even my relatives are now just using an app like Viber or Tango to call each other for free, so what's the use of a landline, right?

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    My Landline subscription is a package deal with my internet connection. I hate mobile internet because of data capping. A landline internet combo is the best deal for me because it is unlimited. I think this package subscription kept the landline industry in my country alive.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We can't have mobile because it's not safe for pacemakers. We have an internet and phone service that gives discounts on phone service. We do bundle and I have 24/7 tech service for my computer. What companies give free phone service with internet service? Is it available in Hawaii too?

4. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    In the family, we all have mobile phones (there are no minors in the family),thus there is no need for landline phone. We gave up landline subscription many years ago. However, I am thinking to switch back to landline phone. I want to try ADSL internet service which uses landline phone.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard that the landline telephone system is coming to a end,but it sure has been around for a long time,and I think the landline network is over 100 years old. The internet service, I had ,would bundle the home phone(landline),but it started going way up,and I think it got up to 50 dollars,so I had to drop it.

So yeah,I went out and bought the magicJack deal,and it uses the VoIP system,which I think will be the future,and there are lots of other companies that use this technology ,and I think Vonage is one of the most popular ones. I have had it for 3 years and you can make long distance calls, and also for like 35 dollars a year,it even includes a app for your smart phone,when you are out and about(you need wifi though),but I have never used it.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    On the contrary, I recently got landline fixed for me in order to get my broadband. That is the chespest and best way of having wifi at our end hence the need.

I rarely use the landline to make calls and do most of my work through the cell however, for important tasks that need downloading I need the wifi.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have several friends and relatives who have done that for the reason that the landline phone was not much in use. The cellphone is the primary communication and for conversation, it is more fun in using the chat function of social media. It makes sense huh. But my wife wants to retain our landline phone that will serve as backup when cellphone servers are down which happens twice a year. Besides, our internet at home is connected to the phone subscription which we had installed due to the free installation promo.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am thinking the same thing: Why am I paying for the landline when it's hardly ever being used? In fact, for more than three months my landline phone has not being used once. I am really wasting my money, therefore, it's time for it to go. My cell phone service is sufficient to fill my needs.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I would be surprised to hear that people are not doing this, if that is the case. I have seen some pretty good deals on them though lately, which probably just means that everyone is getting rid of them.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    In my country when mobile phones became very popular many stopped their landline siubscription simple reason they were hardly being put to use any longer. The mobile phone took over the communication market and right now you will only find land line phones in a few ministries and companies. Many people see it as duplicating a function having a landline and mobile same time and besides the mobile can be used anywhere unlike the other which gives a big advantage.