What Measures Do You Take To Save On Gas?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by ADSSOLSN • Apr 25, 2017.

1. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    the ability to save during consumption marks the basic of a savings culture.
    in order to accumulate wealth I realised I have to cut on all expenses and gas is one those expenses but I don't know how since gas is such a necessity.
    i am looking for ideas on how to reduce on gas.
    any ideas guys?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I had posted in another thread, there are lots of ways to save on gas when cooking. First is the use of the right size of cooking utensil, pots or pans. Frying an egg does not need a large pan. If you have a skillet then that’s the best. The bigger the pot or pan, the greater the heat needed. And the fire of the stove also gives us a hint that putting the fire on high when you are using a skillet is obviously a waste of the fire. Perhaps low fire will do for a skillet. And never leave the main gas valve open when not in use to prevent the unnecessary escape of gas that is not only a waste but also a risk to your life.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We can save the gas taking different methods. We have a stove with 4 different burners that fits every necessity according to requirement and then we never keep our taps on 'HOT' side but use them according to weather condition. The Oven probably consumes the most quantity of gas so we use it sparingly at an appropriate timer. We should know that once the pot is heated enough it makes very little difference on what volume you're cooking your dishes but it makes a great difference on consumption of gas.

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes we may be cooking and we allow whatever is being cooked to stay on the fire for much longer than is necessary. By cutting out this habit, a nice chunk of energy could be saved. Another way to save gas usage is to lessen the Individual gas consuming tasks which could be incorporated into one collective task. For example, not to have a number of people frying eggs individually at different intervals when they could have all been done together.

5. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    Usually,I try to do light cooking my gas.There are some foodstuffs which would consume the energy alot.A good example is beans.If you boil beans with the gas,it won't last even a month.To curb this,I buy already boiled grains.This ensures I save on my gas,especially at this time that re-filling is quite expensive.

I also make sure to turn off the gas properly,both to save on energy and for my security healthwise.There are some people who heat water for bathing with their gas cylinders.This would translate to the fuel running out fast.

6. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really keen on saving cooking gas as the price and supply both are difficult to manage, here.
    From my thread earlier, got some ideas from the fellows writers. I'm now applying many of them, and you know, small things add up at the end.
    I use induction cook top as well so that the cylinder lasts a few extra days.

7. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well there are a few tricks which can help you save gas money, such as using cashback websites or apps which give you the ability to save up at least 30 cents per gallon or you can try driving a bit slow with your car.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have equally had a similar thought on how to save on gas consumption especially that some of my food do actually take time to cook and thereby consuming more gas. Sometimes I would cook plenty food that can last two or three days, take the quantity I need at the moment then keep the remaining in the fridge. This way instead of cooking all over for that two or three days which will consume more gas I only have to warm the food. This helps to save on the gas

9. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I use electrical cooking appliances and save gas. I use electrical kettle, cooker, water heater, and oven. When I have to us gas, I don't cook variety of dishes, I will make just one of two dishes. When I am cooking in gas I use pressure cooker, which saves gas.

10. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if we measure up but in our household, an 11-kg LPG tank lasts for about 2.5 months of cooking and that's for three people. We cook meals everyday but most are simple meals. Only very rarely do we cook elaborate meals that take longer hours to finish. We usually cover the pan when cooking and that results to faster heating time and cooking. We check the gas stove or regulator for leaks as even a small leak can cost a lot and significantly shorten an LPG's life.

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    The main thing that I can think of is just keeping the heat off and trying to be smart about cooking and other sources of gas use. When I do think of gas I thing more of the car, but this all adds up too.