Health Insurance Vs Early Treatment

Discussion in Life & Health Insurance started by Decentlady • Dec 26, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Although I understand the usefulness of health insurance o find it not very necessary for fit people. I also know that there is no predictor of a disease for every one but I still feel it is frugal to seek medical advice at the first symptom of a disease and solve the issue just when it is in the starting stage.

Many illnesses are easily and cheaply treatable during their early course than in advanced stages when both the cost and recovery becomes an issue.

For those who can't really afford a healyh insurance, I feel this method can help save a lot on medical bills.

What are your opinions?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tried the health card before that turned out to be a disadvantage because I paid a high premium and the checkup did not cost a lot. Now our government has provided Phil health which is a big discount for the hospitalization and medical needs of seniors. And I still adhere to the saying that prevention is worth more than the cure.

3. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm in favor of making one.
    Health is perhaps the most important aspect of life to invest on. You may not need to use, and wish that only to happen, but then who knows.
    It is true that prevention is better than cure but there're diseases which do not show any symptom(dengue, malaria and many more). Having a health insurance looks paramount at those hour of needs.

4. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    I would always prefer getting myself insured. You never know what might happen. Yes, prevention is better than cure but there are some diseases which show no symptoms and directly lead you to a position where you end up paying a lot of money to get rid of the problem. Also, the premium varies with the age of the person insured. When the governments are providing good Health insurance schemes and at a reasonable premium, I see no harm in taking the policy.

For individuals aged 40+, insurance is a must keeping in mind the present scenario. Choose wisely and go for the best option. Also, you can claim the premium back(for some of the schemes) after the period has exhausted and you get interest for it as well. It's just like saving money in the bank.

5. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I think that depends on the policies in your country. You should also consider other factors like, some people are not aware when a disease is catching up on them since some of them are not easily noticed. Other people are ignorant and they only seek medical attention when the symptoms are worse. I think a health insurance is a strategic way of paying for your health check up. In our country though, insurance is cheaper than treatment.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    While an annual physical exam can provide clues to health problems, this isn't always the case. Some dread disease can progress undetected and may manifest only in its advance stages. Some forms of cancer can also be aggressive. Having a health insurance or health plan in such instances can help relieve the financial burdens to patients and their family, I agree, though, that the cost can be prohibitive if an individual has to pay for the premiums. I am just relieved that our company provides a health plan on top of the government-mandated health insurance. The premiums are discounted in this case because the benefits are tied to our government health insurance. This means that the insurance firm will only pay for the treatment/hospitalization costs that are not covered by the government insurance.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's a very personal choice (where every financial question should be considered), but there is no doubt that both choices are valid. My parents and I have a health insurance and they perfectly meet our needs. :cool:

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I believe you have to do both keep in good health with prevention and have health insurance. I have ingrown toenails from constantly banging it and a bit of tight shoes. I went to the doctors for it because it got infected. He is watching it and gave me meds for it and it's coming back to normal. It was sooooo sore when it got infected that I'm glad I had medical insurance for it. I was warned of being pre-diabetes 2 so I changed my diet and started exercising more and it's managed and getting better. I'm loosing weight too and taking herbs too to make sure I'm diabetes free forever. I had bursitis that came on one day all of a sudden, I thought it was something very major and I flew to the doctors and she said it's bursitis from old age! What a relief. I do keep myself in better health by eating healthier (but I do go to McDonalds, Taco Bell & Burger King once in a while:D), drink vitamins & herbs and exercise, but as you can see life sometimes throw you curves you did not want, so having health insurance is very good. Next year it's colonoscopy year, lol:confused:o_O:cool: because I got health insurance I can take these safety measures, if the Republicans don't repeal Obamacare that is.

Help Americans save Obamacare please----thanks so much and God bless you for your help! Amen.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    The health insurance is basically a safety net against the cost of treating illness. We may be trying our best to maintain a healthy lifestyle there are incidences where they healthy lifestyle does not absolve us from contracting some type of illnesses. Take a disease like a leptospirosis which may be contracted because of an unfortunate contact with the germ and is very deadly. There are also many viral infections which may not be totally counteracted by a healthy lifestyle even though that kind of lifestyle could help a person to be better able to cope with the illness. It's good to have health insurance which could allow a person to be better able to cope with the cost of the requisite treatment of certain types illness which may be very costly to treat.

10. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    I agree. I set aside a portion of my salary or income for insurances and emergency funds. Emergency funds will cover my monthly expenses in case I lose my job or fail in my business. This can also include medical bills in cash, too.