Is Internet Slower In Cloudy Seasons?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by ADSSOLSN • Apr 30, 2017.

1. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    I don't know whether it's just me but there's a pattern I have noticed. Whenever it is cloudy, the net is slow.
    Anyone exprienced this?

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    For sure the clouds and adverse weather have an effect on the internet. Solar flares have an effect too as they alter the upper atmosphere and disrupt signal transmissions. There is also an effect on radios and pacemakers as well when we have solar flares. Especially if they were directed towards earth.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I can't say it happens to me every time. But yes even I have noticed that during cloudy and specially during rain time my internet speed goes down by lot. I don't know the reason but yes somehow it effects it. Not only broadband, even my phone data speed goes down during that time.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Fortunately I don't have that kind of problem. In fact, I don't usually have bigger problems with my internet. It's a great service and usually faster than I normally expect.

I definitely can't complain about it. I'm pretty satisfied. :)

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I would hope not, but I guess if anything affects the way that the companies offer it than it would mean something of an effect for the consumer. I can't say that it has happened yet, and I hope it stays that way.

6. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Due to the property of waves, it's normal though it is less obvious with wired connections. With the evolution of technology, as long as your isp using fiber optic cables, you shouldn't be noticing any drop in speed.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I only noticed that the speed goes slower during peak hours around night time, that was more often years ago. Now it rarely happens. Usually when there's a heavy storm, or rain then the power trips for a few minutes or for several hours depending on how long it takes for the electric company to respond. It doesn't affect my internet speed at all.