How Long Do Your Kids' Shoes Last?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by gracer • Aug 22, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hello everyone! :)

I noticed that no matter how durable my little boy's shoes are, they still tend to easily get damaged especially on the part of the soles. I guess it also relates to the energetic nature of children at his age. When he doesn't outgrow his shoes easily, they would last for more than a year. The shoes that he has outgrown usually have minor damages in them but the shoes which last for more than a year get really damaged because of frequent usage.

I'm also curious if your kids' shoes also get damaged easily. How long do they usually last?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My oldest's growth never really slowed until now. He outgrew shoes twice a year, it seems lol. So they were usually not too bad. Depends on time of year with the Canadian weather varying as it does. My youngest goes through shoes quite often, usually from active wear. So his shoes were replaced about as often. Neither wore cheap shoes either. Maybe they should have grown up barefoot like me lol.

3. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    @JosieP@JosieP I think barefoot is the best way to go! Lol! Glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems about growth spurts and easily damaged shoes. Talk about a whole lot of money spent on shoes right? Lol! I notice how men's shoes are extremely more expensive than women's, so I imaging having male kids with very active growth spurts to be more expensive than having girls. :)

4. ashley0323

ashley0323Member

Threads:
    My kids' shoes tend to last anywhere from six months to a year and a half, when they are outgrown. It just depends. Some shoes become "favorites" and get worn within a month. My oldest daughter, 5, has a pair of jordans that she has had over a year and they look brand new, and fit great!

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well thankfully I am past this, but when I needed to get them for the kids when they were younger it did not feel like it was long at all. Especially when sports got involved, man those went quickly.

6. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have no idea how long my kids' shoes last, as they are still young and they usually outgrow the shoes before the shoes get damaged. Those shoes that we bought for our first child are passed to our second child, and my second child is still wearing them, except for very few baby shoes that were already broken.

My kids always go barefoot or slippers, I am guessing perhaps slippers last longer.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    From baby to infancy I would say the shoes only last few months before change. The reason for this growth, the child outgrows the shoes and should be provided with a new pair of other shoes with larger sizes. This is one reason I do not like budget too heavily on shoes for babies as they within months will outgrow them.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This reminds me of my teenage years when my shoes wouldn't last for a year. We were given money for new shoesbin December so I usually had to wear broken shoes for a month or two. But now kids are lucky because shoes are more durable and cheaper. And for good measure, having 2 pairs of shoes adds life for the wear and tear is minimized.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It's a somewhat difficult task to assess the time period that a small child's shoe may last. One shoe may last for a very short time while another may last much longer.most children are activity driven and the life of the shoe may be dependent on the intensity of their physical actions. You have to be prepared to get a replacement at any time because you never know what might happen when kids are involved.