Theatres Or Online Movie Watching?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Gad • May 12, 2017.

1. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    Many atimes I have watched movies online.I prefer downloading them and watching later.I find this so conviniencing since I can watch my movies at any time I feel like.

However,there are those that are addicted to cinemas.They do not feel like they have watched a movie until they visit a cinema.I am not against it but I love being an economical person.The amount spent on one single ticket is enough to watch like five movies online.To add salt to injury,most people visit cinemas with their better halves,so we are talking of two tickets.Taking our loved ones to the movies is a good thing,but it should be once in a while.

On normal days,I'd rather watch my movies online.What do you think?Which is more economical?Cinemas or online?

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Theaters for me will always be the best option to watch a movie!

I don't know what kind of "magic" cinemas exert on me, but I just stumble when I'm going to watch a movie at the theaters. Watching online doesn't even arouse 5% of the excitement when I go to a movie theater. :)

3. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    Same as you. I'd rather watch my movies online within the comforts of my home, but sometimes my husband and I need to date out. So we go to cinemas too, especially when there are new films we like that we can't find online.

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    For me I am not fond of more movies. But I have my taste and I like some movies. If there is any movie of my taste then I surely prefer to watch it at theater. I don't like watching movies online or downloading them. If someone is watching more movies then it is okay, but I don't watch them more so going to theater once in a month.

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Usually, I don't watch movie online. If there is an option to download (paid or free), I prefer to download the movie and watch the movie in my free time. Normally, I don't watch full movie online, instead I love watching movie in theater or buy DVD or watch downloads. I only watch short videos online. There are exceptions though, sometimes I watch movies on Youtube.

6. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly download movies and watch them and only occasionally go to theaters to watch a movie only if I so badly wanted to watch it only in a theater. Sometimes we would go to a movie in a theater for a refreshment.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I like watching movies online well download them and watch them,in my free time. I haven't gone to the thearters in a very long time and if I do go again it will be to have a different experience. Besides I haven't really found the time to watch a whole movie in one sitting so I find downloading more convinient.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with the argument that online movies are much cheaper because you pay for one and the entire family can watch it unlike in the theater where you have to pay for each one’s ticket. But we go to the theater as part of bonding and relaxation. For me and my wife, it’s like a date all the time that we eat out before or after watching the movie in the mall’s theater. A bonus is that we can also shop a bit. And even if watching a movie at home is more convenient and economical, I would still insist that watching a movie in the theater once in a while is good for our mental and emotional health.

9. trea

treaNew Member

Threads:
    Watching online. It's way cheaper especially if your hobby is watching movies and you're trying to save money at the same time.

As for me, I prefer watching alone at home because it's cheaper, more comfortable and you can replay some scenes if you want to.

But as what Alexandoy said, there are some benefits to watching movies in cinemas that you can't get when you watch at home. Also there are some movies that are worth watching on the big screen (e.g. Kimi no Na wa/Your Name) so it's also good to go to the movie theater once in a while.

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Some people may not relish the same thing for breakfast everyday situation. People like these will always have a bit of change and some variety, therefore, they probably will not settle with watching the movies at home all of the times; they will want to go out and get that change in scenery and atmosphere that the movie house may offer.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think today the economic and technical forces have become big factors in the movie business,and besides movies get worse every year. I think a lot of people are streaming movies at home today anyway,but once in a very blue moon people might go out to a movie,but just to get out of the house I think,not because the picture was any good though. I tend to watch the films of the 60s and 70s alot at home and also I like the foreign genre films.

12. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I think it'd be less expensive to watch movie online, but if someone who would really enjoy the visual and sound effect, I guess watching the movie in theater sounds much better. Though someone told me they can actually set up their home theater, unless they are very rich and able to spend much money to set it up, otherwise I think the theater still has better environment for watching movie.

If money is not an issue, I'd prefer to watch movies in the theater.

13. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    If I were to decide where to watch movies, I would prefer to watch them in Cinema for there are so amenities could the theater offer to the movie goers. Another one which I would love to is to see movie with your loved one especially my wife. It is just like we are dating as we were used to when we were lovers before.

Watching movies at home via online would also be very beneficial and economical. Our youngest son used to download action, thrill, adventure and even love story movies and we watch them during weekend. However, it could be compared to going to cinema if I were to.

14. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Theater prices have gone up recently so I would rather watch it at home using an unlimited movie-watching service. Sometimes, there are so many movies coming out in the same month, watching them all would require us to dish out too much money and more if a family goes. We're talking around 30 dollars every trip now. I used to like going to the theater and having the theater experience but it's not worth it nowadays.

15. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    There is something exotic and exciting about going to a movie theater - even if your home system has surround sound, movie popcorn, etc..Therefore, while home viewing is probably cheaper, I would rather go to a movie theater, in most cases. Anyway, though, in the US it is common knowledge that movies and popcorn are too expensive, especially for people who go very often. Nonetheless, some chains might have discounts for those who frequently go or some other discount thing like they have with hotels and restaurants.

16. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    If everything went according to plan and no interruptions and all the other stuff that happens when you try to watch online, then maybe they might compare. Other that those, the theater means everything will go smoothly.

17. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    Definitely, Theaters!
    It's 3D!!! OK, it's comparable but it's not debatable.
    For sure, nothing thrills me like watching a new action movie in a theater. You'd come out with the zeal to go work/save to come back to watch whichever next you'd find :D:D There's also a good-feel about watching online, but that doesn't guarantee the feeling you'd get in amidst a dim quiet-hall of spectators

18. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    You have plenty of options these days. For example, you have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and many others. It depends on what type of content that you want. As you can see there are some really good options. But it all comes down to what you wish to keep. I found Netflix better in that context.

19. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I mostly download the movies and watch whenever I can. As it is I don't get time to watch movies. Sometimes, I keep the movies for a long time and am still not able to watch them. Finally I have to delete them in order to accommodate some other things on my smartphone. It's really difficult for me to find time to watch movies at home let alone to go a movie theater to watch them.

20. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I watch movies online mostly but only because it is cheaper and more convenient. In terms of picture quality, I would prefer a larger screen like a movie theater. But the prices keeps increasing year after year. So I will just stick to my Netflix for now :)