Memorial Day Sales

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by thisnthat • May 19, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    It will soon be Memorial Day in the USA, so the sales are about to begin (actually, some have started already). This is a great time of year to shop for outdoor items like lawn chairs and grills as well as grilling supplies. We just got a deal on charcoal at Lowe's, which was cheaper than where we usually buy it.

Grocery stores usually run some sales around this time of year as well. I've seen barbecue sauce and other condiments on offer already. Soon, meats, buns, and other picnic foods will be on sale. This is a good time to stock up for summer cookouts, since the next big sales for these kinds of items will probably be around 4th of July.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen some car advertisements too. I'm looking for stainless steel thermal carafes now too and hopefully I'll find something on Memorial Day sale too. I had no idea it's so expensive! I hope to find something under $15, but so far no luck. I'm going to keep looking till I find something I like with a very good price. So far Walmart has the lowest prices!

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Have you looked around online, or is shipping too expensive in Hawaii? I'm just thinking you might find a good deal online like at Amazon or even eBay or something. Maybe one of those home stores too.

Maybe you can find a cheap price online and get Walmart to price match? Does Walmart do free ship to store/ in store pickup from third party sellers? I'm guessing they don't, despite those sellers appearing on Walmart.com, but it might be worth asking about, just in case.

My husband recently got a cup like that as a gift, and they really work great. I hope you find what you're looking for at a good price. They're nice to have.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is another usual one that I can count on for some good savings, but not much this year. Although now that I think about it there were a lot of food deals, and that is mostly what they tend to be, so that works out I guess.