Religious Pilgrimage For A Tour

Discussion in Travel started by Alexandoy • May 25, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me if this offends your religion. We had been invited several times to a pilgrimage to Israel, the Holy Land. But we had no budget then. When we were invited to a local pilgrimage, we tried it since the cost is minimal. The experience is not good because we had lost a lot of time in waiting for the companions. That’s the same story we got from friends who joined the pilgrimage to Israel. When they go for lunch, they always wait for their companions who were slow in eating. In just making a pit stop for the bathroom, the time wasted is a lot. And the cost of the pilgrimage to the Holy Land is already a fortune to us. So why spend that much when you will not enjoy the tour?

2. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    These Pilgrimage tours seem very high, but you can probably find some cheap ones online though if you look. A lot of people cannot travel for different reasons though,maybe they get travel sickness on the bus or they cannot afford the trip. I was looking at a virtual tour of the Holly Land though and found it was quite interesting. They show the old roman architecture as well along side the new buildings going up,and also some of the old churches where Mary attended church.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    A trip to the Holy Land is in my bucket list but that can come when my son is older. I always keep an open mind about these things and I'm sure that not everyone has the same experience on pilgrimages. I didn't hear any complaints from our church members who have joined the trip to Israel. Probably because all of them value time and would like to make the most of the trip. It might be better to go with a smaller group which is probably only possible if the organizer is not in it for the money.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    As for me going on a pilgrimage should be compulsory for all gòod religious persons if they have enough means for one, say at least once in a life time. It's a big achievement in one's life time seeing, feeling places and things you have read about in the Holy Book, and of great significance. The experience from such travel will go some way to consolidate our faith. I focus on the spiritual gains from the exposure and not side distractions.