Where Do You Buy Cosmetics?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by thisnthat • May 26, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I used to like going to department stores and shopping the cosmetic counters. You could try various things from makeup to perfume and cologne. Once, my aunt and I even went for a makeover. The woman did such a good job that I bought every product she used on me (I still use similar stuff).

We don't really have much in the way of department stores nearby, so I've been looking around online. I can get basic stuff at a number of different stores, but I'd like to have a few nicer things as well. I'm not really into beauty boxes and all that, since I like to pick out my own stuff.

Where do you shop for your cosmetics? Do you find good deals on the products that you like?

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go to the nearest mall to buy cosmetics as there are a lot of brands to choose from. I only buy makeup once every 2 months since I don't use them a lot because I seldom go out. I do buy makeup online (sometimes) especially when my favorite brands are on sale then I can get huge discounts and great deals :) But unless they are on sale, I won't buy cosmetics online.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy only in stores who are specialized in the product. Although pharmacies and supermarkets also offer these types of products, I don't think they have a specialized team to offer this type of sale.

When I buy some cosmetics in the pharmacy or supermarket (what happens rarely, by the way), it is always something very basic, which I already know.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat In the UK we have beauty boxes where you can pick your own items, but if you do join Birchbox, they have a points system where you can swap the points for products you like. I have spent time with beauty boxes and have swapped many items for things I do want.

It can be tiring, but it can save money. Plus sometimes people will buy things. I currently have a beauty box called LoveLula which sells organic brands only and there are three full sized items which people are willing to buy off me, or exchange. The box retails at £45 and I bought it for £12.50, and they post internationally too. The also offer discounts on those brands for the month (20% off) and free delivery.

#4May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017
  5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    l like to get my cosmetics and nail polish, perfume, well sprays all from Walmart. Walmart is the most inexpensive store I've come across for all cosmetics. I needed clear mascara because I've an eye condition so I need my eye lashes to be combed with clear mascara. I found one for under $3! Nail polish is 1.08 only!!! I buy very inexpensive perfume sprays, and I get them for just a dollar at Walmart! I'm so glad Walmart came to Hawaii!

6. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy cosmetics from a hypermarket or departmental stores as I can try it out and buy the correct stuff I need. Nowadays I couldn't find time to go to store so I am buying them online.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    At my old job wearing makeup was a must so I had to have them always on hand. Since I am cheap and even for makeup I always bought makeup that was discounted. Every cosmetic product I bought never exceeded the $3 mark so I did save so much. Yes they were cheap but they were actually very good in quality. I bought from different stores when I went to the mall I would compare from all stores there.

8. MomOfThree1980

MomOfThree1980New Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my makeup products and shower products online from B-Glowing! I've just recently tried them out and love the easy of ordering them online. My favorites are Molton Brown for my shampoo and Caudalie for my serums and grape water.

9. ReddOnMyHead

ReddOnMyHeadNew Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the brand of makeup that I am looking when it comes to where I buy them. If I am shopping for drugstore brands, I will usually purchase at Walmart, or Ulta. If I am shopping for prestige brands, I'll shop at Sephora and Ulta. Out of all of these stores, I would have to say that I shop at Ulta more than any others. I've learned to shop around first. Make up can be expensive, so it's worth looking around for the best deal for your hard earned money.
    I will first look at the store sales to see what sales items they have on sale in their current ad. Then I will look to see if there are any coupons, or extra deals that I can combine with the sale. I then get the total of what the sale price & coupon/extra deal price would be, and I will go to the make up brand's actual website. Sometimes the brand itself will have specials. I compare the prices between the department store, and the actual brand's price & I will go with the lower price. I hope this helps.

10. Christena Batiste

Christena BatisteNew Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat Have you ever tried Mary Kay? Hi my name is Christena Batiste and I would love for you to try some of our products

#10Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I admit that I do not have to spend on this head much as my wife is one of those rare women who do not use much makeup or perfumes on daily basis. She generally uses a face cream and lipstick that's about all for her makeup. She doesn't even wear nail polish on regular basis but only when attending special ceremonies. As far I am concerned, I don't use any including deodorant. My wife buys her makeup items at any market center that we go for our regular shopping.

12. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    Mac - One of my favorite brands.

13. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Then I am another rare woman as well. I used to only use lipstick when I went to work, as my previous company requires formal wear. I don't use any make up products since I am taking care of my young children, as I think those chemicals are not good for them, and I always like to kiss them. Now, since I am a stay at home mom, I don't use any make up products as all. I used to put on lipsticks or some facial powder when I went for wedding dinner, now I just don't apply them at all as I am with my kids all the time.

I didn't have any favorite brand of makeup, and I usually just bought them in the shopping mall.

#13Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Sherrie Larrison@Sherrie Larrison If I had to quote one of the brands then I would say Lakme for my my wife which is the only brand she buys her lipstick, powder and face creams. I am not sure she would use any other brand if she was offered as a sample or for trail purpose free of cost. She has number of products lying unused in her drawer which were given to her as gifts/presents/samples.

#14Jul 18, 2017
  15. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Lakme is no doubt a very good brand but Mac stands on my top list :)

#15Jul 18, 2017
  16. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I buy my cosmetics (whatever I use) from departmental stores. I use very less cosmetic - only eyeliner and lipstick and sometimes I use CC cream also. My favorite brand is Lakme. I don't experiment with other brands, because I don't know whether the product will suit me.

17. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not having a special place from where to buy them, I usually buy what I need from department stores. But my wife has its special places from where she buys her cosmetics and these are Avon and Chic Boutique.