How mcuh do you pay per month for your cell phone?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by joyful728 • Nov 1, 2014.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I pay whenever I need to pay for my prepaid mobile but my current plan @AU$25 gives me various facilities including free call to same network and cheaper calls to overseas however I have to pay flat rate at the beginning of these calls. So if I have to make a long overseas call I use my regular one otherwise I have another mobile with comparatively higher call rate but no initial flat call charge.

2. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    This is my dad's department and he is the one who pays the telephone bill and he used to pay over $80 a month including our broadband connection. But now we have separated it by getting a different connection. So, now he pays around $30 a month for telephone bill and that too he can claim it from his company. As far as the mobile phone is concerned, we are all using prepaid so we will recharge when we want.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Still too much despite having cut back and lowered it significantly. All of those bells and whistles are crazy with how much they add up to and anything over fifty per line is tough now.

4. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I pay 25 dollars a month and I subscribe for time based subscription. I don't make texts and calls because they costs money. I use Line and facebook live to communicate with family and friends because those stuff are free and unlimited.

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have a dual SIM phone. I play just about $10 every month. I spend this amount by making calls as well as surfing internet. I use data internet when I am outdoors and wifi is not available. I use social media, email and simple web search through my phone data.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, normally my phone bills are quite low. Though I used to of internet which cost me more than my calling bill. But here Reliance Jio has started their pre offer since one year and I have taken their plan since last 8 to 9 moths. They have offered unlimited calling and unlimited 4G plan during their pre starting offer. So since then my bills are almost nil. Now they are about to start paying plans. But they are too quite cheap.

7. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I subscribe to prepaid telephone only. And even though I subscribe to the prepaid system, I rarely ever utilize a data plan. When I am home, I utilize the wifi service but when I am on the road, I don't utilize any features which may require the internet unless I am somewhere where free wifi is available. I figure that since I am already paying for the internet service at home, therefore, I will not pay for it again via a data plan. This way I am able to keep my cell phone usage charges at a very low rate.

8. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Nowadays I pay only $6 for entire month and I can enjoy unlimited voice and data. Of course there is a cap on data i.e. 1 GB per day and once the limit is used up its speed will be reduced. With regard to calls I can do unlimited calls anywhere in my country. I need to pay for international calls which I seldom do.

In fact I need less than 1GB data per day so I it’s quite suitable for me. The best part is that the Internet speed is really good as we have 4G connectivity here. But you never know how fast the data is used up in 4G.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I would say I am paying moderately or small amount on my cell phone monthly. The calling apps I installed on my mobile have helped significantly in lowering how much I spend on my phone in a month. Currently I am spending around 30 dollars a month. This include my data usage, which I think is a fair package.

10. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I actually don't pay that much, 10 dollars a month in my case. But where I live that is pretty cheap, I mean you can take the more expensive offers but I'm just fine with this one and it's almost nothing to pay.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I also use a prepaid phone, so I don't pay a large amount. I just load credits on my phone as needed. And with Facebook messenger and free text sites on the net, the amount I pay becomes more less. I don't call anyone too, so I also only spend around $5 or less per month.

12. bomb2060

bomb2060Member

Threads:
    In Kenya, we have a postpaid service that's quite economical. I personally use $25 per month for calls, data and smses. But i must admit that sometimes the package doesn't last me to the end of the month. I have liked the feedback above from members

It's good sometimes just to know that you're not alone. With a proper plan, you will stay within 55. For instance, just commit to yourself that you will not stay on a phone for over 2mins. And you should encourage those who call to stick to the agenda! Small talks can be postponed to the end of the month when you know you have some balance that you can utilize elsewhere.

13. RogMeet

RogMeetNew Member

Threads:
    I am currently residing in India and its surprising that the data packs we have here are amazing and really cheap. I use the Reliance Jio telecom 4G service which charges me US 9.42$ for 84 days. The pack includes 2GB of 4G data per day and free calling facility. Although there are some minor network issues regarding the internet service every now and then but at such cheap rates, everything becomes tolerable.

14. Tiile23

Tiile23New Member

Threads:
    On the average, $10 per month. Am currently unemployed and managing every penny I get. Therefore, $10 may seem a little but to me, its a lot..yhh, since am currently unemployed. But come to think of it, I virtually use all that online searching for money.
    So, depending on how much I'll be making online the cost could cancel out eventually :D.