Training, Better At Home Or In The Gym

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by biscione95 • Oct 12, 2016.

1. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    It really depends on your preference. Do you want to gain muscles, or do you want to lose weight? Do you want it fast, or do you want it slow? Can you be motivated by working in an isolated environment in comparison to an environment where everyone is working out? I prefer home-based workouts for losing weight as HIIT can be done in the comforts of your own home, but when it comes to gaining muscle, I prefer going to the gym because it's faster to gain using the equipment they offer.

2. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    I prefer to workout at home for multiple reasons.

Firstly, it's more convenient. You aren't confined by the gym's business hours. From home you can work out whenever you feel like it, be it at three in the afternoon or three in the morning.

Secondly, at home, you aren't confined by the gym's dress code. If you want to work out bare-feet, or even naked, no one's going to judge you at home (provided that you live at home, that is).

Thirdly, working out at home is far more hygienic. You aren't surrounded by sweaty, smelly men and woman, and you aren't touching equipment that has been handled by hundreds of sweaty, often sick people before you.

Fourthly, you're in charge of the music. You can play your music through your speakers without anybody complaining about you terrible music selection.

I'm sure there are many other good reasons to work out at home, which have and, I'm sure, will be expounded upon in this thread.

3. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Let's admit one thing, that gyms are expensive. You can't really have the cheap gym subscription. Also staying fit with or without gym is not going to be that easy. You can do most of the things at home. But you have to find out what works for your body. And then try to apply that in your lifestyle. As you can see if you can go out for jogging or walking everyday for 30 minutes that can be enough as well.

4. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Ok. So I'm between the two on this.There are benefits to training at home and also training at the gym. People opt to train at home due to a number of reasons. A friend of mine started training at home because she was uneasy about how people would see her at the gym as she was a bit on the heavy side. Some decide to train at home to cut out gym fees.

However, if you would like a detailed and measured training, then I suggest training at the gym. At the gym, there are tools and facilities available that will help you measure where you are at and where you want to go.