Is Wired Or Wireless Connection Better?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by luckycharm • Nov 25, 2016.

1. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    My advice would be to go for a Wifi connection. The initial setup cost would be high but once set you will have lots of benefits over wired ones. Having a wifi will help you to connect freely irrespective of how many devices you want to connect in your home or your working place. So, it is better to choose a Wifi connection.

2. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Now you are leaving me puzzled here @harijobs@harijobs, why do you say a wired connection is more expensive than a wireless one? Sure, that totally would depend on the existing infrastructure, but having a router allows us to connect wired or wireless so the setup costs are equal!

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    We use wired and wireless network. We use the wired one for our desktop since it doesn't have a WiFi and we use WiFi for our other devices and I don't see any difference in terms of speed. Our WiFi router can connect up to 10 devices and I can say that the connection is fine and can be distributed fairly as long as no one will download or stream a movie.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    My internet connection is through DSL but it has a router where up to 5 devices can connect wireless. Although I really can't say that it is faster than the WIFI or LTE connection, I would say a wired connection is more stable in my case. I've used WIFI for a while before shifting to DSL and I've frequently encountered disconnections. Then again, that would be dependent on the area. What has stopped me from using wireless is the monthly data cap which can be too restrictive. With DSL, however, I don't have to worry about such limitations. In addition, I got myself a landline which considerably lowered my mobile phone expenses.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    If you are talking quality and reliability I would have to think that wired is better, but of course that is just not how things really work anymore. Chances are you can get good wireless though, but as much as possible maybe stick with wired.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you on this. This is because the wireless connection is quite easy to setup either through the use of a mobile device that has hotspot enabled which simply means one just need to click on the hotspot on the mobile device, turn on the wireless connection on the computer and link up on the internet or by getting the internet modem device and simply setup it up on the computer and then start surfing the internet immediately.

However, big companies and tech companies that rely heavily on the internet to get work done in the office often prefer the wired connection to the wireless connection so as to have things in order and for easy monitoring of the activities going on in the company.

7. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    This has been discussed extensively for the past few years, and there are a lot of studies and experiments that prove that Wired is far better.

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    If you still don't have a landline then you can have a phone and internet DSL plan bundled together, so you will pay less. I know wi-fi can allow you to connect many devices online, but it's much slower when downloading, and the connection is unstable compared to a wired connection.

9. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer wireless and I have such a connection. This is useful during rains accompanied by thunder and lightning when there is a likelihood of the connection affecting the pc and even the modem.

10. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    Have you, guys, thought about the health side of things? Mankind was never meant to be exposed to wireless Internet signal. It's only in the past 15 years when WiFi became popular and different reports notify about unusual side effects due to it. For example, a recent study found out that people exposed to cell phone or WiFi signal electromagnetic field have a hard time falling asleep. Also, the quality of their sleep was worse than those who weren't exposed to the signals. Doesn't this ring a bell? WiFi radiation can change the brain wave patterns in your brain. Check out this article:

I always switch off my router when I go to bed and I've noticed I sleep better when the WiFi is off.