Can I Use Facebook As A Market Place?

Discussion in Facebook Offers started by Jannatul Ferdous • Dec 26, 2016.

1. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    Facebook is an effective place to market your product but you should know the strategies towards achieving success.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I wanted to do the same thing but I created another account so I wouldn't mix family with business and I could add other like minded people but for some reason my account got banned. It is frustrating as I know my friends and family are not interested on what I am promoting and I don't like filling their timeline with such posts. I would really like some suggestions on how to be able to keep a separate account.

3. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    @kamai@kamai You can make different Facebook accounts for different purposes. But the one which is for marketing purpose should/must be used steadily. Sometimes you are banned because of being over smart and over confident. That is to say, you should have a plan and a mindset with a strategy to market your product.

#23Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  4. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    @kamai@kamai Yes, facebook keeps track of such accounts in order to stop spam and fraud, but i would advise you to create an account with a vpn and then slowly advertise.

#24Jul 29, 2017
  5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    These days it seems that you can pretty much use Facebook for whatever your heart desires. I would assume that this is their goal anyway, as they seem to be trying to expand into everything, live television being the newest for me to hear about.

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Facebook is the best platform where you can advertise your business. You may attract a lot of users or buyers, you just need time to invest and to know how to always develop your business and make your customers loyal to your business!

7. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @Jannatul Ferdous@Jannatul Ferdous Yes definitely you can use Facebook for such purposes but how you go about setting it up and doing it determines if it would be fruitful or crash before it's even started. But I have a good solution or process for you to carry out such task and it will be successful.

You all have a Facebook account and lots of friends you interact with on daily basis. I believe some of them knows you personally while some don't. Those you are gunning for are the ones that don't know you personally well and also the general public on Facebook whom you are yet to be friends with. Creating a Facebook group is the first step you take. Take time to write your pinned message about the group you are creating. Make it vivid and a bit tasty so it will prick people interest in going further with you. Invite all of your friends to the group.

Advertise your services you intend to render to the public, hopefully some people will be interested in trying it out. Inbox some of your friends already in the group to invite their own friends to join the group, that way your information gets to a wide range of targets out there in the society.

But one good advice I will offer you is not to spam on the group for any reason because once the support gets a wind of it, they will shut down the page and that's the end of all your efforts.

Goodluck.

#27Aug 13, 2017
  8. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    @Jannatul Ferdous@Jannatul Ferdous Facebook is an online platform that connects friends, and family together can be used to sell your products and offer your services effectively without stress if you can be able to learn how Facebook ads work. Even if you cannot learn the skills of running a Facebook ad, you can still sell your products by uploading the pictures on your timeline and telling your online friends that you sell such products or by making a write up about the type of services you offer.

Furthermore, you can simply open a new Facebook group or page, add/invite friends into it while you share with them the type of goods you sell or the type of services you offer. So, Facebook can really be used as a market place, if you can create time and run the group efficiently.

#28Aug 13, 2017
  9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Facebook helped me a lot in buying and selling different products from different places and people. It's a great marketplace and there are tons of people who are using Facebook as their main advertising place. I find it effective, especially if you do boosting but you should also be careful as Facebook tends to ban people who advertise too much.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, you can leverage on Facebook to run your own market place. Though I am also thinking about this line of business but haven't taken it serious yet. You can create a Facebook page for your kind of business. Join several groups and other pages where your main aim is to discuss your business. Also use the advertising tools on the site for broader outreach.

11. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail I agree with you on this, it's definitely one of the best marketing websites to promote on, you can reach wide and great audience.

#31Aug 19, 2017
  12. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I think I even saw various people holding shops and marketplaces so I see no reason why can't you try.
    You can't make a mistake with it. At least you will know if it is for you or not.

13. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    Of course, Facebook is not just where you meet and interact with friends. If there is a product you want to sell or services you render you want people to know about and patronise you, Facebook is a very good place you can do that and it's very much effective.

14. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    The Facebook page can be extremely good tool, especially the ones that feature small adverts that usually have to be paid in a normal newspapers.
    If it is free it will attract more people and there is always a place where you can pin your advert on top of all, because you are an administrator.
    It can be lucrative.

15. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I think that facebook is a great market place, especially if you already have a vast number of followers with a number of followers on their own. It is an effective tool to use.

16. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Facebook has added "Facebook Marketplace" where you will be able to post items for buying and selling. It`s available in the Facebook app. You may access this feature through the "shop" icon" at the bottom of the page.