How to save money when going to the movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by silentrascal • Jul 1, 2014.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't gone to a theater for ages since almost every movie is available in the comfort of your house either for free or at the cost of petrol you spend for going to a theater. I have lost all my interest in cinema halls since everything's been commercialized heavily right from reviews to tickets and the other associated facilities. A movie to a family costs almost $100 in a multiplex which is not worth spending in my views.

2. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Lots of good tricks there to save on some movie night. I rarely go to movie houses these days since movies are all the same and nothing new and besides it's much comfortable to watch at home than to wait and fall in line in cinemas. But during my younger days, I carry a backpack with me and fill it with my favorite junk snacks before going in cinemas to watch.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are not really frugal but just being practical. Snack foods are expensive in the theater so what we do is bring nuts and just buy drinks in the snack bar. And after the movie, we dine in a restaurant for dinner. The cost of the meal is just slightly more than the cost of smack foods in the cinema's snack bar.