Placing Of Our Responses/comments

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by iamawriter • Oct 7, 2017.

1. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    When there are many responses and one is not sure if that post has been responded to going through the entire responses pages to find out if one has already responded is a difficult task. If our response comes at the top that will make it easy. I have seen this on other sites. Thanks.

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    You don't actually have to read through the responses to find out if you have already posted a response to a thread. In general, once you have posted a response, you should be able to see your avatar over the avatar of the thread starter on the left side of the thread title. Hope this helps.

3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have noticed that but if you click on recent posts on the right hand site, it does not show there. I have to check right down to see if I have responded or commented. I only see responses from others. Sometimes there could be pages of responses

4. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I agree! Earlier we used to get alerts on the top and just by hovering the mouse over them, we could see responses to our replies and the threads we have replied too. Now we have to click on it to see and it takes some time.

5. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    But you will see the "watched thread" sign. If you already responded to a thread, you automatically watch it. So that is enough to prove you already replied to that thread.

Even your small avatar on the avatar of the one who started the thread already proves you responded.

Also, you get notifications when others respond after your response.

Also, reading the thread will make you remember that you had responded to it. Our own profile shows our content and we can search the topic there.

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't realise that my avatar would appear on the avatar of the thread starter although I did see the little glasses icon against the watched thread. Well you learn something every day .. how could I have missed something so obvious :/

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have fallen to this dilemma. I wasn't aware that I had already posted a reply. But I didn't feel guilty I have posted another comment unless it is being restricted. Here it is easy to determine if you have commented or not for there is an icon like a binocular in line with the topic. See the screenshot.