How To Make Calls With People From Another Country Or Continent

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by mildredtabitha • Oct 7, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I tried calling the international numbers for communicating with Paypal and even payoneer and I realized the call doesn't go through. I can only call my local numbers which begin with +254. I wonder how people are able to call someone from another country or continent using their phone numbers without any barriers.

Apart from Skype, Facebook, instagram and social sites like this one, how do you make phone calls with people not from your country?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just found whatsapp.com , here is their faq page:

I found some articles that your phone may charge you for roaming while on whatsapp so find out first for you don't want surprise charges. I have never used it but downloaded it on my android, it was easy to download. I don't know if I'll keep it. There is also skype too, so you can check out both, see what fits you best. I got skype downloaded on my laptop. If you have bing. com and collect points, you can get skype credits too. There is google hangouts, too. Google hangouts is totally free, you can call, each other, you can chat using google hangouts. You will be charged for things on hangout like calls too, so please check to see before you use it. I always messaged people and it was free. See which is your best fit so you can save money and connect with friends, family and acquaintances.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I usually do calls through messenger apps, such as whatsapp which I am currently using. There are several others but that is the one most of people I know have. As long as you have internet connection the calls are free with them so I save so much talking to them. Other than that I rarely call through the phone service as international calls can be pricey.

4. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Apart from the social sites, I can make international calls freely from my cell phone using my mobile carrier. It only attracts extra charges. I think this has to do with your countries rules and regulations and also your service provider. You should check them out.

5. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I tried dialing the international numbers for Payoneer and PayPal using my phone but the call can't go through. I can only call numbers starting with my country's code.

I only know Whatsapp, skype and some other apps can work but I haven't tried using those.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    You can't use Skype, Whatsapp, Viber, or Line to call Paypal or Payoneer. These apps are commonly used for personal conversations between families and friends through the same apps or between colleagues at work who have agreed to use the apps to communicate.
    I can place international calls using my cellphone or landline. With my cellphone, I can just load a combo IDD card that lets me call several countries from $.04 to $.2 per minute.

I don't see why your international calls won't get through if you're using the right prefix for IDD. With Paypal, for example, you have to start with 00 before dialing 1, the country code, and Paypal's telephone number.