Does Anybody Still Play Board Games? Where Do You Purchase?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Natasha0717 • Nov 13, 2017.

1. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Do you still play/buy board games? NOT bored games :D - board games. YES, they are still really a lot of fun.
    I play them with my niece and nephew all the time. Candy Land, Monopoly (which I still don't really know what I'm doing with that one haha), Trouble, Family Feud, and Uno., even THE MAGIC 8-BALL. :eek::cool:
    If so, where do you buy them? Nowadays, with all of the computer games going on, plain old board games may seem "vintage." But luckily, you can still find them at Meijer, Walmart, even the toy aisle at Kroger. :)
    Anyone still play board games? The kind you set up and put right in front of you? (Non-computer).

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't own board games but I do have a friend who does and she will invite friends over to play them and yes they are still a lot of fun. Board games can be found at Walmart ir any stores similar to Walmart and even grocery stores here. They are of course more popularly found in the toys sections of most stores.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    It has been way too long, but I do enjoy them and wish that they were a little more popular or prevalent. I used to love playing Operation when I was a kid, which is weird because I hate going to the doctor.

4. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I sometimes play board games with my son, we play games such as Ludo, Snakes and Ladders, Monopoly and Uno. I absolutely love playing Uno. Most of these games, we have received as a gift to my son, there are some other games that we buy from a local kids' store close to my home.

5. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I do play a few board games, Monopoly, Chess, Scrabble, Catan, etc. I purchase the games from the supermarket, and I also play the online versions, these ones I downloaded for free from the Internet.
    I am not buying games anymore, Christmas is coming and I want to have money for gifts.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    We still play board games like monopoly, chess, and scrabble although not that frequently as we used to when my nephews were still kids. Games like monopoly and scrabble allow multiple players and are played during family parties or reunions. I bought them a long time ago from a bookstore when my first batch of nephews were still young kids who loved to play with grownups. Nowadays, they cost several times more than their old price and I'm glad that I've always made sure that they were stored properly after each game session.

7. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I like scrabble! Thanks for mentioning that! My son has started reminding us about a gift for the Christmas and I think Scrabble is the ideal gift!

8. bsiy8

bsiy8New Member

Threads:
    I am still playing some like Chess and few ones.

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I have not played in awhile but some games I would recommend are Stratego-which I played alot as a kid before video games,of course Chess is a great game for your IQ, and also a game they played alot in the movie-Golden Pond, which is quite fun is called Parcheesi. I bought the Parcheesi game at toysRus awhile back-but I think you can buy online nowadays.

10. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Yup. UNO, monopoly, snake and ladder, and many more which I don't remember the names sorry. They are lot of fun and we get all of these games locally nearby in a shopping complex. We invite friends and we will be playing for hours. We will have small bets and punishments at the end. Lot of fun.

11. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Occasionally I play them. I would have to say that the best place to purchase board games would either be from walmart or target. If you think you will get all you pay for I suggest buying it online from Amazon.com but always check out the condition of the product first. With amazon you can usually find a deal for a board game much easier.

12. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I usually make use of the board games through cashback websites. You can see that it'd be lot better to save money on those things. It won't be expensive on that count though. I have noticed that some of the times the purchases should be done after reading review. There are some really good reviews of the board games. That can be good enough to do before purchasing the game.

13. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    I think board games went out with the dinosaur lol. But all seriousness I am 43 years old and I don't know anyone who plays board games. And it's a shame because when I was a kid we grew up on board games all of my friends and family played the. But these days people can not get off their smartphone, tablet, Xbox or PlayStation long enough to take the time to play a board game and I find that really sad!

14. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Well there are free board games you can print that you can find online for free. You can print them and just stick them to a card board to make them as durable as the commercial board games. It is a fun project you can do at home and it doesn't costs a lot.

This is the site where you can have printable board games.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been over 2 decades since we played board games. We loved checkers, Chinese checkers, scrabble and chess. When I was younger we had a weekend we'd go to our friends house and have snacks and play scrabble...fun times of growing up. I just made up my mind to donate our scrabble board to the thrift store in our neighborhood next year. Thanks for bringing back fond memories.

16. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Board games and other games other than computer games are still the best, they are a touch of reality and promote interaction more. It doesn't need to be a board game per se, just today I was playing abatons and darts with my kids, and it's far better than being in front of the pc or the playstation.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Apart from in my childhood when I used to play different board games like Business, Ludo and many more but once I started playing chess with my maternal uncle who taught me the finer points I have never played any other one (but with my daughter for few minutes). Later my daughter also played chess. Now I play chess on board as and when someone is available for company otherwise I play it online or the games against computer.

18. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of board games on my house which is monopoly, uno, chess and scrabble. I never really bought them, all of the board games that I have right now is from my friends and family. I play board games once in a while, when there is a sleepover happeninh at my place and playing board games is a perfect bonding time.

19. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    I really enjoy playing board games with friends even though half of the time we are fighting. There are many fun board games and the last one I played was one of the Sherlock Holmes series which was a bit of a disappointment to say the least. It was fun for a while and then some things got mixed up in the story and it didn't make sense. As far as the buying goes we have a lot of shops here for board games or you can just order one online and it will get here in a few days - few weeks max.