Do You Use A Separate Sound Card For Your Pc, Or Are You Fine With The Integrated/onboard Audio ?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by mbuzma • Jan 16, 2018.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I think the audio quality between the two is not that much different these days, and that spending extra money for the separate sound card is not worth it, at least for normal home/business users. Professionals who are working with sound still may want the best of the best. My pc has an onboard Realtek audio chip and I'm perfectly fine with the audio quality it generates. If anything the quality of headphones/speakers seems to make a much bigger difference in audio quality.

#1Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I am content with the onboard audio, although when it comes to the video card I do have an external one for better graphics on video games.

#2Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although the onboard audio card of our computer is the cheap brand but it looks standard so it's just fine because I am using the audio card for simple recording only. But if I will do video editing jobs on a professional basis then it would be better to get a good audio card so the sound will not be compromised.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've always used the integrated audio and I never had to buy an audio card. I think that most users will do fine with onboard sound. High quality speakers and headsets can do wonders for sound quality. Even downloaded videos converted to mp3 can sound great with a good speaker. Back in the day when we used to play games like GTA and SIMS, we were satisfied with the onboard sound. Nowadays, though, external or USB sound cards are quite affordable so it isn't much of an issue to buy them instead of an expensive speaker.

5. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    I remember the days of buying a soundcard for your PC back in the day and at one time I did have a $100 sound card. But these days I don't bother because I never use onboard sound. I have my PC hooked up to my TV through HDMI and that uses the soundcard on the video card.

6. fishbate

fishbateNew Member

Threads:
    On board audio will just do it for most of the ordinary task. On board modules have all the necessary ports and peripherals allowing a user to do listening, playing, basic editing, and creating audio formats. Keeping your drivers updated will keep it on good running condition. But if your into recording or doing editing on a much more larger scale. One should get a much more advance audio controller or a external audio card. Some of these super cards allow multi tracks and a MIDI options allowing some other devices to be integrated with your computer.:)