Consulting The Same Vet

Discussion in Pets started by remnant • Jul 17, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Some pet owners don't realize the advantage of hiring the same vet
    whenever their pets fall sick. Not only will if have the animal's
    history, he is likely to provide free consultation as well as offer
    realistic prices and discounts.

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @remnant@remnant This is very true that seeing the same vet each time is more beneficial for the animal. When I moved back to the UK I found it difficult to find a vet I was happy with. Now, I do have a vet that I am happy with and there is no problem to visit them each time I need to.

Recently my Loopy loo was visiting the vets every week for an ulcer in her eye. Although it may have been a different vet sometimes, it was still the same practice. Each time we went, the vet checked her records on the computer to know what stage she was at in her treatment and they can also see any recommendations from who she saw before.

#2Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have a vet very close to where I live so I've never seen any other. When it comes to cost they are all expensive so although I originally chose this particular vet because of the location I am also very pleased with the way they handle my animals. We even get a sympathy card when one of our animals passes away,

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    In my case, our long time vet can't do blood tests so we don't know why our puppy died. So good thing I discovered another vet clinic near our place, because they can do blood tests, and they also offer confinement for pets which my first vet doesn't offer.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that being loyal to a vet has some benefits like knowing your pet very well. But I admit that we have 2 vets. One makes house calls which is a very convenient arrangement although a bit expensive. The other vet is the head of an animal hospital. When we are not convinced of a diagnosis, we turn to the other vet for a second opinion or a confirmation of the diagnosis.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    It is much like finding a good doctor in some ways, but other factors are more important and I have had some iffy experiences. I usually find a good place or clinic versus a good vet in particular.

7. ladylinda66

ladylinda66New Member

Threads:
    I normally use the same vet but there have been incidents where I have not been happy with the service at one place and so changed my vet. It's expensive wherever you go so it doesn't make much difference in terms of price but if I'm paying a lot of money to keep my pets healthy I expect a good service.